Inuyasha x reader - Switched pt 5

He clenched his hands into fists furious with himself. "How could I do that to her?!" Kagome stared at him with a solemn face. "Maybe it's best to...let her go."

His amber eyes shot up to show a shocked expression, "Kagome she's part of this group!"

The high schooler held her hands in the other, "when I was in her body I experienced how each of you treated her. We all made her feel like an outcast even when we welcomed her with open arms I mean she already came from an abusive home. We made her feel worse. Inuyasha you are making (Y/n) uncomfortable and just now...I don't think she's going to want to come back."

He gritted his teeth, "I know I did but...I can't let her go not like this! I have to fix it!"

Kagome could tell he was about to go find you but she blocked the doorway. "No Inuyasha you've done enough damage. Leave her alone, let her be."

"Sorry but I can't do that Kagome." He pushed her aside and sped off to find  you. In his heart he hoped you weren't too far away as your scent wasn't exactly clear.

>>>>>>

The breeze became more fierce and you rubbed your arms trying to get warmer. Winter came around fairly quickly as small snowflakes began to fall and your breath crystallized. The grass under your feet crunched only slightly as the snow covered the land in white.

You hoped you could find a new place to live and forget the friends you'd made in that group. Even if the rock had made the bond between you and Kagome stronger but it'd also made things between you and Inuyasha awkward.

Especially earlier, you were scared he would hurt you. You'd never seen him act like that so why did he? Surely that had never happened with Kagome or Kikyo.

You shook your head trying to clear any thoughts of the dog demon. You spotted a river and ran over to it, kneeling down and cupping yoyr hands in the slow running water to splash your face.

Just then you could hear thumping on snow and you didn't need enhanced hearing to know the distance and where it came from as the snow was failing heavier.

Hed be able to track your scent since he was closer but you didn't want him near you, afraid he'd go mental again. So you jumped into the river and went under holding your breath as long as you could.

The sound of your name travelled even through the water but very blurred. "(Y/n)!"

"(Y/n) Where are you?!"

He sighed as tears threatened to fall he blinked them away. This was no time to cry and snowstorm was brewing and you could be out there in danger.

Still cloaked by the now freezing water, air started to get restricted the longer you stayed submerged. You certainly had no intention of dying so you had no choice. Coming up for oxygen as you made a loud gasp and the splash of water drew his attention.

The relief in his pupils was evident as he came full speed at you. "S-stop right there Inuyasha!"

He halted at your scared form, but the trembling wasn't from fear but from the weather and being in alarming temperature water.

"L-leave m-m-me be!"

"(Y/n) you're shivering and there's a storm coming, we need to find shelter."

"I-I'm f-f-find...on...my..own..." the world seemed to spin as a dizzy spell struck you. You fell to the snow ridden ground but hadn't completely passed out. "C-crap no I won't be carried by him!"

"(Y/n)!"

He rushed to your side and helped you up but you slapped his hand away when you could stand. Barely.

"I neither want or need y-your h-help half breed!" Inuyasha was hurt by your comment but he knew it was to keep him at bay. He held you from behind and you couldn't help but sag into his warm embrace. He felt so nice agaisnt the blistering wind.

"You're going to catch a cold like this, possibly a fever. Let us fund shelter, please."

"..mmm..."

"Is that a yes?"

Words wouldn't form, being dizzy and feeling the nice heat radiating from his body was heaven. But you were still cold, your conscience was slipping but with the last shred before you passed out you said. "Fine....but.. leave when....ok."

You blacked out in his arms making him lift you and carry you. Which if you were awake he knew you would protest to. A part of him was happy, maybe this snowstorm would help the two of you work this complicated relationship out.

But niether of you knew of the demon causing you to slowly die from the inside. Inuyasha could feel you getting colder and blue with each second.

Should a cold do this?

Another part of this is coming but it will be an author note. You'll know what it's about when I write it.