Protective Inuyasha x reader

Requested by DerpAvengerlover123

Inuyasha shoved you back down by the shoulders and glared at you. "No I need you to stay here while I find out what happened to the others."

"But you need all the help you can get." He sighed. "I don't want to leave you by yourself, it pains me but Kaede will be with you."

The lady nodded. You pouted and leaned against the wall as he ran out into the heat of the day. "I hate him babying me! Its always so boring."

Kaede begun to pour some tea, "Inuyasha is brash and stubborn there's not much you can do to change him."

"I don't want to change him I just want him to treat me like an adult because I am one."

You grabbed the cup she handed you and you blew the steaming drink, taking a sip as it's minty taste spread throughout the back of your throat. "Peppermint?"

"Indeed. Have you ever maybe thought there might be a reason why he gives you this treatment?"

"Besides thinking I can't fight? I wouldn't know."

Kaede clasped her hands together, "what do you bring to a fight?"

"Huh?"

You saw her skin shift, "how do you know you're not useless?"

"Excuse me!?"

The old priestess skin begun to peel away as a white hairless creature sat in her place. A shapeshifter of some sort, not like any you'd seen.

"Lady Kaede!"

The creature wrapped a clawed hand around your neck. Clamping your airways shut, this thing didn't talk as itself but just slithered out its forked tongues and forcefully shoved it's tongues down your esophagus.

You gagged as you felt it go impossibly far. You wished for oxygen, you wished for the disgusting creature to stop sucking your intestines out. Suddenly a fist pummeled the creature through the wall.

You felt it's tongues slip from your throat which caused you to cough uncontrollably. Inuyasha brought you to stand up, "are you ok?"

You could only give a brief nod, the pale creature hissed and rammed into Inuyasha. "Oof!" The wind was knocked from him as it sunk it's needle sized fangs into his cheek and ripped a small chunk.

"Argh!" He clutched the now bleeding spot.

"Inuyasha!"

It brought it's attention to you which gave Inuyasha an advantage. "Disgusting garbage!" He yelled as he sunk his nails into its chest and moved down. It screeched as Inuyasha shredded it's ribcage open.

Letting him kick the shapeshifter and impale itself onto a spear head sticking out from a wall, being used a decoration.

He smiled at a job well done then immdiealty went to you and picked you up. "Are you ok?"

You rolled your eyes, "Inuyasha you already asked me that." He huffed, "I'm just checking."

"You need to stop babying me."

"(Y/n) you almost died!"

"I know but that doesn't mean you need to treat me like a child if I learn to fight-"

"No way! You are staying out of danger."

You jumped from his hold, "I'll get Kagome's opinion on this then!"

"Oh no please don't!"

"Hah thought so, Inuyasha is scared of  Kagome."

"I'm scared of losing you."

Silence gripped at you as you were at a loss for words. He let that bomb drop out of nowhere. "W-what?"

His palm was warm on your skin as he caressed your cheek. "I'm really scared of losing you, that's why I don't take you with me or tell you to keep a safe distance."

"Inuyasha..."

"Kaede is fine I found her collecting herbs she'll be mortified when she finds out a demon took her place. An ugly one at that."

You smiled, he was so caring.

"Anyway after today you aren't leaving my side." He pulled you closer. "So everything I just said is irrelevant?"

"Yep."

You groaned.