You/Asami Sato - Last

AN: WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROMPTS UNTIL I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL REQUESTS. Thank you for understanding

"(y/n)! Did you pay any attention to what I've been saying?!" Iroh doesn't get any answer

"(y/n)! Did you pay any attention to what I've been saying?!" Iroh doesn't get any answer. You were far too busy staring at the woman in front of you to listen to anything that he was saying. "This is important! I need you to listen to me!"

He snaps his fingers in front of you, waves his hand in front of you and finally shocks you with a small bolt of lighting to grab your attention.

"Ow! What the..."

"Quit staring! You can stare all you want after this fight. We need to focus or else they'll take us all out." He grabbed your ear and forced you back into the ship so you couldn't get distracted again. "When we win this, you can go talk to her. Until then, I need you to focus all your energy on defeating the Equalists. You understand?"

You rolled your eyes but nodded. You often hated when he got serious. You knew how serious the situation was but there was no reason that he had to humiliate you in front of everyone.

"Yeah, yeah. I understand. Now lets get this over with. I've met my soulmate and I don't plan on getting our asses beat. I do need to impress her."

"Whatever helps you focus on this. Now go do what I told you to do."

X

With a combined effort of the Fire Nation army, the police force of Republic City and Team Avatar, the Equalists had been defeated.

"I heard what happened to your father. I'm truly sorry, Ms. Sato."

"It's alright. It had to be done. He let his hate blind him. I just hope that he's quick to realize what he did was wrong. I'm sorry but I don't think we've met before."

"That's correct. This is my first time in the city. I'm (full name). I'm with the Fire Nation army."

"It's nice to meet you. Please fill free to call me Asami. Thank you for your help with the Equalists. I know that we waited until last minute to call for help."

"It's fine. It would have been nice to get a heads up but what matters is that they've been taken out. Republic City is safe again."

X

Despite the fact that your brother was heading back home, you stayed behind. Asami had offered to let you stay at her place and you couldn't decline her offer and you didn't want to. Living under the same room allowed for the two of you to grow as close friends. Far closer than she was with the Avatar. It made you a little happy to see that she favored you over the Avatar. Problems arose when she learned that you would be heading back to the Fire Nation.

"So you were just going to not tell me until the day of your trip back?!"

"Asami, I was going to tell you but you've been busy."