You/Lin Beifong - Catch

You stared at Lin from afar, trying to figure out how someone like her wanted to get with someone like you

You stared at Lin from afar, trying to figure out how someone like her wanted to get with someone like you. She was the Chief of Police and you weren't anywhere near her level. You were just some random detective that could be replaced the moment that you quit. You weren't special and you were made well aware of it when you noticed Lin talking to Kya. You could see that Kya had some feelings towards Lin. You hadn't felt threatened by them, feeling confident that Lin only had eyes for you but the more you thought about it, the more you realized that Kya had more to offer. She was the daughter of the previous Avatar, one of the greatest water bender masters and healers, everyone knew of her power and you couldn't compete with that. You were a nobody.

Lin finished her sparring with Kya and made her way over to you with a smile. She had been looking forward to the end of her training as it meant the time for your first date was getting closer.

"Are you ready for our date? I couldn't stop thinking about it. I don't know if you noticed but Kya managed to knock me down on my ass a couple of times."

Lin hated being beaten but she didn't mind it this time. Her mind was preoccupied with something else. Specifically you and the date the two of you were finally going on.

"I'm afraid that I have to cancel, Lin. I don't think I can do this."

Lin frowns at you, confused about what you were talking about. Just yesterday, you couldn't stop talking about how excited you were about the date.

"What do you mean that you can't do this, (y/n)? What are you talking about?"

"I mean that I can't do this." You point between the two of us. "I'm sorry for wasting your time, Lin. It was wrong of me."

You quickly leave, not wanting to hear a reply from her.

X

Kya rushed back outside as she felt the Earth tremble. Her first thoughts had been that an earthquake was hitting the city but as she got outside with the rest of her family for safety, she took notice of Lin. She had completely obliterated a large chunk of the land.

"Lin! Stop! What are you doing?!"

Kya motioned everyone to head back inside as she dealt with whatever was going on with Lin. She couldn't understand what had happened between the time that the two of them had finished training and now.

"Lin!"

Kya continue's to yell but Lin doesn't answer. Kya attempts to get her attention but it doesn't work. Giving up, Kya bends the ocean water and freezes both Lin's legs and hands to stop her from continuing to ruin the island.

"Are you cra...."

Kya stops talking when she finally face to face with Lin. For the first time in her life, Lin was crying. Kya wasn't sure what to do. Lin hated being vulnerable around anyone but Kya just couldn't leave her friend like this. Kya helps Lin calm down until her tears and cries turn into quiet sobs.

"Do you want to talk about what happened, Lin? You don't have to but it does help talking about things."

Lin attempted to wipe her tears away but couldn't do as she was still have frozen.

"Could you?"

"Promise to not bend the island again?"

"I promise?"

Lin says with a sigh. Kya nods and released Lin to allow her to clean her tears.

"I was supposed to go on a date with (y/n) but she cancelled on me. Said that she couldn't do us and then left. I don't know what I did wrong, Kya. We were just talking about how excited we both were for the date."

"That is strange. Maybe you should talk to her. She's the only one that can give you answers Lin."

"I can't. I don't think I can handle being rejected again. I fear another Tenzin meltdown in the near future if it does."

"You're no longer the same Lin. You wouldn't dare lose control like that. Now go talk to her."

X

You weren't expecting for Lin to be knocking at your door at the time that the two of you had expected to meet up for your date.

"Lin, what are you doing here?"

"I came to talk. I deserve and explanation of what happened. I don't understand. Yesterday, you were talking about how excited you were to go on the date with me and today, you dump me before we had even gone out."

You sigh and lead her inside to explain yourself. Lin's quiet for your entire explanation and even after your explanation.

"Lin?"

You asked after a few minutes of quietness. Lin doesn't say anything, simply just makes her way over to you. The two of you stare at each other's eyes, unable to look away.

"You're perfect, (full name). I don't want anyone else. I want you."

She whispers against your lips before kissing you.

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will write about any women from the ATLA/LOK universe. All characters are 18+

Only exception is a/b/o prompts. Will not write about these but can write something similar

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Kuvira - Arranged

Mai - Discovery

Asami Sato - Way

Ursa - Love

Korra - Casual

Korra - State

Ursa - Quiet

Azula - Obsessive

Opal -  Sneaking 

Kya - Notice

Asami Sato - Part 2

Azula - Part 2

Korra - Train

Kyoshi - Help

Lin Beifong - Soulmate Part 2

Kuvira - Unknown

Azula - Seen

Toph - Protective

Kyoshi - Spree

Azula - Try

Toph Beifong - Dance

P'li - Defeat

Ming-Hua - Fight

Mai - Coffee

Toph - Training

Korra - Accident

Korra - Proposal

Kyoshi - Revealed

Azula - Fire Lord

Kuvira - Surrender

Opal Beifong - Sneak Out

Azula - Betrayal

P'li - Broken

------------