You/Lin Beifong - Kicked

AN: Missed this one. Sorry

You were at a complete loss about what to do

You were at a complete loss about what to do. Su had come to tell you about what happened and how she was being forced to move in with her grandparents. She didn't have any plans on actually living with, Su had every intention on traveling the world and hoped that you would come with her. Lin visited soon after to tell you her vision of what happened.

"Can you believe her?! I was just trying to protect her. It's not my fault that she decided to spend her time with a gang."

You've known Su for a much longer time than Lin. She was your childhood best friend while Lin had only been your girlfriend for less than a year. You loved Lin with all your heart but you couldn't leave Su in her time of need.

"I know she messed up but she's trying her best Lin."

"Becoming friends with a gang is not her best! Are you on my side or hers?!"

You looked down at the ground, unable to meet her eyes. You knew she was going to be upset and there was nothing you could do that would ease the hurt.

"I'm sorry Lin but I'm on her side."

"You're seriously on her side?! How could you even say that? You're okay with her stirring up trouble?"

"No, I'm not okay with it but she wasn't to get better. She's said so herself."

Lin scoffs, shaking her head in disapproval. She should've known that you were going to take her sister's side. Toph had done it, of course you would also take Su's side. No one was ever going to be on her side.

"We're over. It's clear to me where your priorities are."

The hurt tone in her voice made you want to take back what you had said but it was far too late. Lin had already left.

X

Lin's last words to you never left your mind. Years passed and you would often daydream about what could've happened if you had stayed with Lin. You wondered if the two of you would've lasted longer or if you would've broken up by now. There was so many things that you wondered about Lin but you never dared to ask Su. The two sisters still were fighting with each other and you didn't want to get in the middle of it again. You had lost Lin the last time it had happened.

"The Avatar will be arriving soon enough. Do you want to join me in welcoming her?"

Su had no idea the thoughts that would plague you at night. You knew you could talk to her about anything but Lin was something that you needed to deal on your own. It's been years since she broke up with you and you couldn't continue thinking about her. It wasn't healthy.

"Sure. I'd love to meet this Avatar that everyone keeps talking about."

X

You regretted joining Su. Had you known that Lin was in her party, you would've declined Su's invitation.

"(y/n), it's nice to see you again. I can see that you're still following Su like a lost puppy."

"Lin! Do not talk to (y/n) like that."

"It's fine Su. I know she didn't mean it."

You ignored Lin's quiet, 'yes I did,' as you walk to the elevator to head back to Su's place. You stood on the far opposite side of Lin to avoid another interaction with her. What she said hadn't hurt but it did upset you. It meant that Lin was still angry about what happened. You had hoped that you would one day meet with her again and fix what had been broken but that wasn't going to be the case.

X

During their stay, you did everything to avoid being alone with Lin. It wasn't too difficult as Lin was also doing the same.

"You can't just keep avoiding my sister, (y/n). The two of you need to talk."

"There's nothing for us to talk about. We broke up years ago. We're not even acquaintances anymore."

"and I know that you're still not over Lin and want to get back together again."

"Wh--"

"I'm your best friend. I should've said something years ago but you clearly didn't want to talk about it but now that Lin is here, maybe you can fix what happened."

"Su, I can't just fix what happened. I dumped your sister to travel the world with you"

"For a good reason! I changed because of that trip."

"Yeah, well Lin still doesn't like you so that's not going to work in my favor."

Su stays quiet, no longer able to think of anything to stay. You were right.

"I'll patch things up with my sister so we can be the family we once were and so you can finally reunite with your soulmate."

You rolled your eyes, not believing that she would fix anything. The two of them were still fighting over something that happened years ago.

X

Su hadn't been kidding when she said that she was going to fix things. The two of them fought and yelled at each other until Lin passed out from the emotional rollercoaster that she had been dealing with.

When she was all rested after what happened, Lin surprised everyone as she started being nicer to everyone.

"Can we talk for a moment?" You turned around to see if Lin was actually talking to you. When you hear her laugh, you turn to face her again. "Yes. I'm talking to you."

"Oh, um sure. What did you want to talk about?"

"I want to fix things between us. Ever since we broke up, I've been thinking about how stupid it was. Sure, Su and I were fighting but we never should've put you in the middle of it. I can't imagine that it was easy for you to deal with what happened."

"Lin, it's fi..."

"Don't. Don't say that it was fine because it clearly wasn't. I just want to apologize and ask if we can have a fresh start."

You didn't even need a minute to think over your answer.

"I don't want to start fresh. I just want to continue what we had. Is that okay?"

"More than okay."

You run up to kiss her, unable to hold yourself back any longer. Even after several years later, she still made the butterflies in your stomach flutter.

-----------

All characters are 18+

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing

Asami Sato - Three

Azula - Sleep

Lin Beifong - Threat

Kuvira - Injured

Izumi - Visit

Lin Beifong - Smug

Lin Beifon - Sick

Suyin Beifong - Trust //kid fic

Lin Beifong - Fight

Toph Beifong - Loss

------------