You/Kuvira - Coma

The tension between Kuvira and Korra is making you nervous

The tension between Kuvira and Korra is making you nervous. Kuvira was determined to take over Zaofu while Korra intended to keep it out of the hands of Kuvira. All you wanted was for the bloodshed to stop but Kuvira wasn't backing down. She wanted for the Earth Kingdom to be reunited again and rise as the Earth Empire. The deal that she had given Korra about leaving Zaofu alone was crazy. Kuvira was strong but Korra was the avatar. You worried Korra could seriously hurt Kuvira in the fight.

"Kuvira, please. They've agreed to let us keep what you've managed to reunite. Isn't that enough. Release Suyin, her sons and leave Zaofu alone. You've reunited more than 95% of the kingdom, isn't that enough."

Kuvira looked down at you with a furious expression. It made you step back. You knew she would never hurt you but it had never been directed at you.

"I've offered the Avatar a fair deal. If she wins, I'll back down. If I win, I'll get Zaofu. Step back, (y/n)."

Kuvira could be so stubborn, there was no way you would going to convince her to back down. With a sigh, you take a step back and watch as the two of them begin the fight.

You flinched the few times Korra had managed to get a hit. You worried about Kuvira but as the fight dragged on, you could see Korra was losing. You're far too focused on waiting for the fight to be over to realize that one of the rocks Korra had bended to hit Kuvira was making its way to you. Before you knew it, you had been thrown back, making you land on your back with your head accidentally hitting the stray rocks that had been used in the fight.

"(y/n)!"

Kuvira's top soldiers surround you as Kuvira finishes the fight. Korra's taken away before she ends up giving the finishing blow. It infuriates her that she wasn't able to make her pay for what she had done to you but she would take care of her soon.

"Move aside!"

The soldiers open the circle for Kuvira to make her way though. She kneels beside you, cradling your head in her arms.

"March into Zaofu! Take back what is ours!"

She barks out to her men. They salute her and rush to order the soldiers to march ahead. Kuvira picks you up in her arms and rushes you to the train.

X

"Well?! How is she?!"

"S..she's in a comma. The rock caused for her to get a traumatic brain injury. We can't tell when she'll be awake or the kind of damage it caused."

"You're useless! Get out of my sight!"

The doctor cries out in fear as Kuvira pushed her away. This had been the third doctor that had seen you and they've all come to the same conclusion.

Finally alone, Kuvira takes a seat besides you. She watches the steady rise and fall of your chest as you breathe and tears start to form in her eyes. She didn't want to admit it but this had been her fault. You had told her to back down but she refused to listen. If she had, you wouldn't be laying on the bed in a coma.