You/Kya/Lin Beifong - Protect Part 2

(3 years later)

(3 years later)

"We should visit go on a vacation. It's been a while since we've all had some time off."

You dropped the teacup that you were drinking out of as you heard Lin's words. It was unlike her to even mention taking some time off.

"Honey, are you alright? I think you need to make sure that she's not sick, Kya."

Lin narrows her eyes at you, unamused about the teasing.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny. I've gone on vacations with the three of you."

"That's only because we had to fight with you tooth and nail to take a couple of days off."

Lin looked at Kya for help, they should've just gone with the original plan for Kya to bring up the vacation.

"Quit teasing Lin, (y/n). She won't bring up taking a vacation now. Where were you thinking of going, Lin?"

Kya asked, pretending like the two of them hadn't already planned on taking a vacation to Capital City.

"Capital City. I think it's time we finally visit your home. You haven't been back in 3 years."

"Capital City? The two of you would hate. It's nothing but a hot city with nothing to do."

The two of them looked at you with concern. Unsure of why you were so quick to dismiss taking the trip.

"(y/n), don't you want to visit your family. It's been a while since you've seen them."

"Kya, they can always call me if they miss me. All it takes is just a quick radio call. We've been doing it for 3 years now and no one has complained."

"Look, if you don't want to go. Just tell us. We've seen how upset you get when you finish your call with them. I don't understand why you would turn down this opportunity."

"Because Erin is there." You sighed loudly, hating the look the two of them were giving you. "I know that Izumi imprisoned him but I can't help but think that he'll get out and hurt the two of you. I would not be able to live with myself if either of the three of you got hurt because of me."

"The three of us are masters in our elements. Lets not forget about the fact that your nephew is a general, your sister is the freaking Fire Lord and your father has a dragon. He can't hurt us, (y/n)."

You sigh and let them comfort you. Lin had a point about him being unable to hurt the 4 of you. It would be nearly impossible for him to even escape.

"Alright. Then I guess we're making a trip to Capital City."

X

The 4 of you had only been in Capital City for a total of 2 days when news of Erin's escape had reached your ears.

"We have it under control, (y/n). I have my best men trying to track him down. I promise that he won't come near you or your family."

"No. I'm tracking him down. I'm tired of him still having an effect on me. I want to hurt him the same way that he hurt me. I'm not going to get past my trauma until I do this."