You/Kuvira - Comfort

AN: WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING PROMPTS UNTIL I'VE CAUGHT UP WITH ALL REQUESTS. Thank you for understanding

Three fucking years down the drain

Three fucking years down the drain. You finished your drink in one zip, needing the alcohol to help you forget the image of your wife cheating on you with her best friend. Asami had been acting strange for the past couple of months but you passed it off as her being stressed with work. Wanting to be the perfect wife, you did everything you could to help her out with her stress but it wasn't enough. All she needed was Korra to be in a better mood.

"Another one, please."

"I'm cutting you off. You've had enough."

"You don't get to tell me that. Give me the fucking drink."

"I'm sorry but I can't sell you another one. You're already beginning to get drunk and that's the last thing you want."

"That is the only thing I want! Give me the fucking drink! I need to forget the fact that my wife of three years cheated on me!"

It grew quiet as the rest of the bar listened in to your conversation. Not wanting to cause a scene, he hands you another one.

"This is on the house but I'm not giving you another one. Trust me, drinking away your problems is not going to help."

He tells you before attending another customer. You just flick him off and take a large sip.

"You know, he's right. Drinking away your problems is not going to help."

You don't bother to turn around and face the person who decided to take a seat besides you.

"I'm not in the mood. Fuck off."

"I can see that. I'm just trying to help you out."

You can't help but laugh sarcastically. Nothing in the world will heal the pain that you were experiencing.

"Do you happen to have alcohol at your place because that's the only thing that's going to help me at this point?"

"You must be really desperate for it if you're willing to go with a stranger."

"What's your name?"

"Kuvira..."

"I'm (y/n). We're not strangers anymore."

Kuvira laughs and pulls out some money to pay for her tab.

"Alright, (y/n). Lets go back to my place."

You finish the rest of your drink in one gulp as you follow after her.

X

Kuvira was surprised that you started to spill everything to her after your 5th drink at her place.

"and she just cheated on me! How can she do that to me, Kuvira? I loved her. I loved her with all my heart. I thought I was a good wife. I thought I had done everything right to keep her happy."

You didn't care that you were crying in the arms of someone that you had just met. You didn't have anyone else to go to. You and Asami were in the same friend circle but she had met them first. They would all take their side and toss you aside.

Kuvira rubbed her hand up and down your back as she did her best to comfort you. She didn't know you and yet she was holding you in her arms as you cried. Something about you made her want to help you. It was heartbreaking to see and hear how devastated you were.

"Some people just don't know what's right in front of them until they lose it."

"I loved her, Kuvira. We were happy together and then she started to get distant. I thought she needed space and I gave it to her. I didn't think she would take it as an opportunity to cheat on me."

You wanted to be angry with her but it was impossible. Even after cheating on you, you still loved her. You hated yourself for not being able to get angry. You just wanted the pain to be over.

"I don't know what to say, (y/n). I don't think there's anything I can say to help you feel better."

After eventually running out of tears, you fell asleep. Kuvira didn't move from the couch, wanting for you to get as much rest as possible. She had only known you for a couple of hours and yet she had come to care a lot about you. Once she was comfortable, Kuvira closed her eyes and fell asleep with the thought of what she would do to help you.

-----------       

All characters are 18+   

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing   

Mai - Gentle

Lin Beifong - Debt

Toph Beifong - Love

Azula - Protective //kid fic

Kuvira - Switch

Lin Beifong - Assurance

Korra -Dangerous //kid fic

Azula - Blind //kid fic

?? - Double //pic

------------