You/Lin Beifong - Regret

You couldn't help laugh at your circumstances

You couldn't help laugh at your circumstances. You weren't sure if it was just shitty luck or karma catching up to you. Lin had wanted for you to stay back and guide the remaining Republic City citizens out of the city but you hadn't listened. You were annoyed that she had sidelined you again because she was worry about your safety. It annoyed you that she didn't trust you to take care of yourself but apparently she had been right. You weren't good enough to do so. Your inability to do as you were told had bit you in the ass and you were paying with for it with your life.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Lin is going to kill me! She told me to watch out for you...."

You covered Bolin's mouth, unable to deal with the loud noises that he was making. You were dying and you didn't want for his screams to be the last thing you heard.

"Go get Lin."

"I can't! I need to stop the bleeding."

Bolin looked around in hopes to find someone to help him but everyone was too far away. They were all focusing on taking down the robot.

"I'm dying! Get Lin!"

He's startled by your sudden screaming. In the few years that he had known you, he's known you to be calm and collected.

"I'll be right back. Don..don't go anywhere."

You chuckled at his words. Leave it to Bolin to not really grasp the circumstances that you were currently in. Alone, you spent your time thinking about all the things that you had done with Lin and all the things you weren't going to be able to do.

X

"Bolin! What did I tell you! Where's (y/n)?" She was furious that he had left you alone. She had half a mind to yell at him for disobeying orders but stopped herself when she noticed the blood on his clothes. "Who...whose blood is that Bolin?"

Bolin had gotten quite pale in fear of what Lin was going to do after telling her the news. Your time was limited and he couldn't waste another minute trying to work up the courage to tell her.

"It's (y/n)'s. She got hurt...pretty badly. She's..."

"Lets go."

He doesn't need to be told twice to turn around and make his way back to you.

X

You were barely conscious by the time that Lin had arrived. It was a miracle that you were even holding on with the amount of blood that you had lost.

"Lin, you came."

You said with a smile. You had told yourself to be strong for Lin to make it easier for her but when you saw that she didn't even bother to stop herself from crying, your tears started to spill. You didn't want to die.

"It's okay! It's okay. Korra can save you. Just hold on for me, (y/n)."

Lin kept talking about how you were going to make it but you knew that nothing was going to save you. You had lost too much blood. The injury that you had sustained was too big for any healer to fix.

"I can't Lin. I think this is as far as I go."

"No! Don't say that! We're supposed to get married next month!"

You cupped her cheek, caressing it with you thumb. You hated yourself for making her cry and there wasn't anything you could do to make her tears stop.

"I know, Lin. I know but I fucked up. I'm sorry." She sobs harder, unable to even talk at this point. "Promise me that you'll find someone else."

"No! I just need you! I don't need anyone else."

"Yes you do. You need someone to keep you from being that bitter woman that hated everything. I'm not going to be around anymore to cheer you up. I love you, Lin. I love you with all my heart. Everything will be okay."

The two of you shared a sad smile at your insult.

"(y/n), I..."

Lin cut herself off as she saw you take your last breath. Her sobs grew louder as she held you. No one dared to pull her away from you as she continued to cry. She didn't think the pain was ever going to go away.

X

Lin quickly wiped away the tears that were forming as she laid the flowers by your picture. The day of you wedding had finally arrived. She had always believed it was going to be one of the happiest day of her life but instead it was the complete opposite. Rather than exchanging vows, Lin was exchanging the dead flowers for new ones. Each day she woke up in hopes that the pain would lessen but it never did. Her happiness died with you.

-----------       

All characters are 18+   

Send me prompts and suggestions on the request page. If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing   

Senna - Choice

Lin Beifong/Kya - Happy

Azula - Ducks //kid

Azula - Personality

Kuvira - Injured Part 2

Kuvira - //kid part 2

Suyin Beifong - Consequences

Korra - Hit //picture

Kuvira - Gone

Korra/Asami Sato - Support //pic

Lin Beifong/Kya - Hidden

Azula - Heartbroken //2 prts

Lin Beifong - Party

Asami Sato/Korra - Decisions //or

Mai - Gentle

Kuvira - Comfort

Lin Beifong - Debt

Toph Beifong - Love

Azula - Protective //kid fic

Kuvira - Switch

Lin Beifong - Assurance

------------