You/Opal - Sneaking

After spending several days on the train, you needed to get out and smell the fresh air

After spending several days on the train, you needed to get out and smell the fresh air. There was only so much metal that you could smell before it drove you crazy.

"...(y/n), you'll be patrolling the supply...."

You nearly groaned as your name was called. You had hoped to be dismissed for the night but luck wasn't on your side. All you asked for was a day/night off and even that wasn't given to you. Once you were dismissed from the meeting, you made you way to the supplies, while keeping track of the men and women that had been stuck on patrol. It was always the newest recruits that were stuck on night patrol. At your post, you let out a sigh of relief when you find that no one else had been paired up with you. That meant that you would be able to sneak out without being seen to explore the city that the Great Uniter was insistent on conquering.

X

It's the middle of the night and anyone that wasn't patrolling was already asleep. After no one was sneaking around the camp, you left your post and quickly rushed to the forest to get some cover. Your heart was racing at the thought of being caught but your curiosity beat your fear so you continued rushing through the trees to get closer to the metal city. Just as you had been told, metal covered the entire city. It wasn't a problem for you, making a small hole for you, you sneaked inside.

You looked around in amazement. There had been pictures and drawings of the metal city but it didn't capture the beauty of it. Being too distracted by the beauty of the city, you failed to notice that someone had seen you.

You cry out in pain when there's a sudden gust of wind that manages to throw you near one of the walls. Caught off guard, you didn't have a chance to block it.

"You! You're not supposed to be here!"

"Wait! Shhh. Be quiet! They'll hear us!"

You were more focused on trying to keep her quiet than to escape whatever was holding you against the wall.

"That's the point! You're part of Kuvira's army!"

"Please! I don't mean any harm! I'm not even fighting you. Just please don't alert the guards."

Opal stopped talking as she looked at your eyes to see if you were lying. It was highly suspicious that you were just walking around the city like your general wasn't threatening to capture it.

"If you don't mean any harm, then what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with your little band of thugs?"

"I simply came to see if the city was as beautiful as they described it. I've only seen pictures and drawings."

"Well you saw it, now leave."

"But I didn't get a chance to look at all the landmarks. I can't just come to a city and miss them all."

"We're in a middle of a war! How could you think of even going around a city to look at landmarks."

You sigh as you let your head fall.

"I know it's silly but it's the only thing that brings me happiness."

You groan loudly as you fall to the floor. As you stand up, the brunette walked up to stand in front of you.

"I'll show you around the city if you tell me your story."

Opal can't help but laugh at your excitement. She had been afraid that she had made the wrong choice but by the looks of it, you weren't lying.

"Deal! Lets go!"

X

Opal was practically tears as you told your story. There was only 2 more landmarks to go and she wasn't sure if she could hold them in.

"Why do you stay with them? They were the reason that your family was killed, why work for someone as evil as Kuvira."

"I had no choice. Either I stayed in the city and starved or joined Kuvira's army to have a chance at a semi-normal life."

Opal stayed quiet after. She had hated you at the beginning, simply wanting to bring you in but now all she wanted to do was protect you. You had gone through so much alone.

"What if I told you to desert her army. Leave them and come join us. I'm sure my mother will happily help you."

You desperately wanted to say yes. Her offer was tempting but after the short amount of time that you had known her, all you wanted to do was protect her. She offered kindness when it wasn't deserved.

"even after everything I've done? How could you be okay with that?"

"This could be a second chance. You could start making up for what you've done."

You looked down at your sigil and then back to Opal. Your mind had been made up, there was no need to overthink it.

X

"Opal!"

You ran to her, jumping in her arms as she barely had a chance to catch you. After Opal had given you a second chance, you had been at her side for everything. The only time that you ever left her alone was when you had been tasked with helping the cities and villages that had been taken over by Kuvira.

"(y/n)! It's been so long. I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too! Your letters and calls were just not enough. Lets not ever do that again."

Opal laughs and leans in to press a kiss to your cheek, only for you to turn around at the last second for her to kiss your lips. It hadn't been your intention, you were planning to kiss her cheek too.

"I uh, I'm sorry!"

You quickly jump off of her lap and take a few steps back to give her some space. You've had fallen for Opal during your time apart just like she had done. Neither of you knew what to say after the kiss.

"Are the two of you finally dating?! Yes!! I was getting sick and tired of the two of you coming to gush about the other to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the two of you but I didn't need to be told everything..." Bolin stops talking when he realizes how awkward it's gotten. "That wasn't a kiss on purpose, was it? Just forget everything I've said!"

He runs off, not wanting to be yelled at by the two of you.

X

"So..."

"So..."

The two of you laugh as you both start talking at the same time.

"What should we do?"

Opal finally asks. You shrug your shoulders, unsure of what to do.

"Maybe we could kiss...Bolin did say that we both like each other."

"Bolin did say that."

With the two of you knowing about each other's feelings, you leaned in to give her a proper kiss this time.