You/Korra - Casual Part 1

You look at Korra's cold dinner, feeling stupid that you had actually believed that Korra would make it in time for dinner

You look at Korra's cold dinner, feeling stupid that you had actually believed that Korra would make it in time for dinner. She had promised in the morning that she would make it in time but yet again, she didn't show up. You understood that her training and duties were important but it hurt that you were her least priority. Whenever the two of you would have dinner on the rare occasions, she would always be called for one thing or another.

There's a knock at your door and for the briefest second, you hope it's Korra on the other side. It's a long shot, seeing as Korra had the key for the apartment as well. When you open the door, you find Mako and Bolin on the other side.

"Mako, Bolin, it's nice to see you guys. Where's Korra?"

The two of them look at each other. Confused about your question. Korra had meant to be at practice almost an hour ago and she hadn't showed. The two of them decided to visit you in hopes that they could find her.

"Uh, we actually came here in search of Korra. She didn't show for practice."

"What? She said that she was going to be at practice with the two of you."

You frown, upset that Korra had lied to you. Bolin takes notice and gives you a hug.

"Hey! Why don't we go out and find her? I'm sure that she just got called to one of her Avatar duties and forgot to tell us. Right Mako?"

Mako nods. Korra did have a habit of forgetting plans that she had already agreed to.

"Yeah. You know how Korra can be."

You give them a smile. It was nice of them to comfort you.

"Alright. Lets go out and look for her before it gets dark."

X

Chief Beifong had no clue where Korra could be. Tenzin hadn't called her for special training. The President had not needed her services as the Avatar so the only place that Korra could be was with Asami.

"I find it rude that we weren't invited. They both know how much we love Asami's pool. I'm giving them a piece of my mind when we find..." Bolin lets out a grunt of pain when Mako hits him in the stomach with his shoulder. He had taken notice of how quieter you had gotten as the three of you got closer to Asami's place. "I'm sure they didn't invite us for a good reason. We all don't have to hangout every time."

"Maybe"

You say quietly.

At the front door, Asami's butler opens the door.

"Where's Asami and Korra?"

"They're at the pool house. Should I let them know that you're coming?"

"Nah, that's okay. We'll surprise them."

The butler nods at Bolin and closes the door. The three of you walk to the pool house and as soon as you're close enough, Bolin runs the last couple of steps to burst inside the room. There's screams making you and Mako run to them, worried about what happened.

"(y/n)!"

When she sees you, Korra pushes herself further away from Asami. You're not sure what to think or say. Had you all arrived at the same time, you more than likely would have seen something that you weren't meant to see.

"What's going on?"

You ask in general. Hoping that your worst fears hadn't happened.

"(y/n), I can..."

"They were kissing, (y/n). Korra was cheating on you with Asami."

Bolin blurts out, not wanting for Korra to attempt to lie about what happened. The two of them had known each other for a longer time but you were still his friend. Korra rushes out of the pool, rushing to you but Bolin and Mako step in the way.

"Get out of my way. I need to talk to her!"

"So you can lie to her? No. The two of you deserve each other."

Mako pushes her, catching her off guard and making her fall into the pool. You can't bring yourself to care as you rush out of the pool house. Mako and Bolin run after you.

"(y/n)! Wait! (y/n)!'

They continue running until they finally catch up to you. You had stopped running, unable to continue any further. You fell to your knees in the middle of the forest and cried your heart out. Mako and Bolin sat besides you with Bolin holding you as you cried.

"You don't need them, (y/n). You have us."

Mako nods in agreement. He wasn't good at comforting people but he still wanted for you to know that he was there for you.

"Thanks guys. I couldn't ask for better friends."

X

The three of you finally make your way to your apartment where the rest of your night is spent laughing at the movers that had yet to be unreleased. Korra had attempted to visit you several times but she was turned away every time by Mako and Bolin.