You/Azula - Forgiveness

TW: Manipulation, Domestic violence. Will add more if necessary as I'm not good with TW's

Ever since the two of you had married each other, you had been the one who decided to take on all her responsibilities to avoid dealing with her father's wrath

Ever since the two of you had married each other, you had been the one who decided to take on all her responsibilities to avoid dealing with her father's wrath. You had seen how cruel he could be with her so you had vowed to keep her safe.

To secure her safety, you were the one that dealt with her father's anger. For every failed mission, you would take her punishment and promised to do better. Azula tried to stop you from taking the blame for everything when she realized what the cost of her safety involved. You refused, claiming that as her wife, it was your duty to keep her safe.

The pressure of making sure to do better after Azula's missions had made you reach a breaking point after a few months. You were angrier, tenser and overall turning out to be like her father. Azula hated what you were becoming but there was nothing she could do. Everytime that she tried to get you to stop, you would just get angry and tell her that you wouldn't be worthy of marrying her if you allowed your father-in-law to hurt her. Most of the times, the two of you would just argue but there were times that you would hit her after coming back from a particular stressful mission.

You always apologized and begged for forgiveness with the promise of never doing it again it but always happened after. Unlike her father, she could tell how sorry you were so she always forgave you. After all, you were only doing it to keep her safe.

"It's okay, (y/n). I know you don't mean it."

You just kept quiet as you continued to cry in her arms. You hated yourself for what you were becoming but it was inevitable. Dealing with her father was like dealing with the literal hell. You had to fight tooth and nail against his generals to keep being in his good graces just so he wouldn't hurt your wife. You were losing yourself to become someone that you hated just to protect Azula and you couldn't change until he was gone.

X

Azula watched as you finally slept peacefully in months. Her father had left to fight the Avatar early in the day so you had both been left on your own. Without him being in the palace, you reverted back to your old self. The caring and kind person that had showed Azula she was worthy of love.

There's a quiet knock, interrupting her thoughts about you. She hurries to answer the door before their knocks could wake you up.

"What is it?"

She hisses at the guard.

Once afraid of the princess, the guard doesn't flinch as he sees that he had made her mad. You were more scarier to deal with at this point.

"I must speak with General (y/n). This is urgent."

"Whatever you need to tell her, you can tell me."

"But I was ordered to tell the General, Princess. This is urgent."

She grips his shirt with her hand and pulls him down so the two of them were face to face. She lit up a flame in her hands and brought it up to his face.

"You'll tell me what I ask of you or else I can give you something to show the others what can happen if you don't listen to the princess."

He quickly nods and tells her everything about what her brother was planning. Once done, she dismisses him and quietly hurries to get ready. The first time in months that you were finally sleeping in peace and she wasn't going to let her brother and his girlfriend ruin it. She knew you were going to be mad for going against her father's wishes but she didn't care at this point.

X

Minutes after Azula had left to the courtyard, you had been woken up. You were furious to learn what Azula had done so you hurried to get ready and head out to deal with the nuisance. By the time that you arrived at the courtyard, Azula was ready to strike with her lightening. You knew she could handle herself but you were annoyed that she had taken it upon herself to deal with something that Ozai had left you to deal with. He had made sure you would deal with any threats that would attempt to attack the palace while he was gone. You couldn't have the guards telling him that it had been Azula who had taken care of them.

"Azula! That is enough."

Her arms immediately fall to her side when she hears your voice. Zuko and Katara are confused to see this happening. They had honestly thought that Azula was going to kill them.

"(Y/n)! What are you doing here? You weren't...."

You sigh as you make your way over to slap her to shut her up. There were times that it was just easier to hit her to quiet her down.

"I worked so hard to be in the position that I'm at. If your father learned that I can't deal with this and keep you under control then all my work would've been for nothing." You sigh and cup her reddened cheek. Azula flinches at your touch but doesn't move. "I'm doing this for you Azula. I'm keeping you safe from your father."

"I'm sorry! I was j..just trying to help."

"Oh, Azula. You really are an idiot when I'm not around. How did you expect to handle your brother when you let him get away the last time you had confronted him?"

"I...I wasn't thinking."

"That's right. You weren't thinking but it's okay. I'm here now. Go back to our bed and let me take care of this."

Zuko and Katara couldn't do anything as they watched in horror over the way you treated Azula. What was worse was that Azula didn't do anything to defend herself. In fact, she was asking for forgiveness even after you had hurt her.

Azula lowers her head and turns around to leave you alone. She was angry with herself for failing yet another mission. You were right, she was an idiot. She was going to have to work hard to earn your forgiveness.

You waited until she was gone before turning to face her brother and his friend.

"I'm sorry about that. Sometimes she forgets her place. Lets start again."

X

Azula tensed up when she felt your arms wrap around her waist. Without seeing or hearing you, she couldn't tell how the mission had gone. She just hoped that she hadn't ruined things.

"It's okay, love. Ozai is dead just like the Avatar and his friend including your brother. You're safe now. No one else can harm you now. Just like I promised you in my vows to you, the Fire Nation is now yours and your father is gone."

Azula hoped that with him gone, you would return to your old self.