You/Princess Yue - For You

You let your head rest on your hand as you looked to where the princess was currently sitting with her betrothed. You hated how the Chief had promised her hand to someone else. It was unfair that she had no choice as to who she could marry and despite your many attempts to get her to talk to her father, Yue refused to do so. Claiming that she had a duty as a princess to keep the peace in the tribe. If the engagement was broken, a war would break out in the tribe and she figured it was better and safer to marry and keep everyone happy. Everyone but the two of you. Both of your hearts ached to be with the other but there was nothing either of you could do to. 

X

The two of you had believed that being together would never happen but you both gained hope when the Avatar arrived. If there was anyone that could convince the Chief to change his mind about the marriage and to keep the peace, it would be the Avatar. Both of you waited until the night to be able to talk to him with his friends. 

"Wait, let me just make sure that we're all in the same pace. The two of you used to date but stopped when the Chief arranged your marriage to someone else from the tribe. Since then, neither of you have been together in fear of breaking the peace in the tribe and you hope that Aang could help you with this mess."

Having Katara repeat everything back to you, made the plan look foolish. There was no guarantee that a war won't break out in the tribe even if the Avatar helped with the peace talks. Everyone honored the betrothal necklace and it would be a dishonor to anyone that interfered with anyone that was engaged. 

"Just forget it. It was silly to think that we would have a chance."

Aang stands, ignoring Katara's and Sokka's protest that it wouldn't be a good idea to interfere. 

"I'll be happy to help in any way. Just tell me how."

X

The Chief looked at you and the Princess Yue. Aang had come to meet with him early in the morning while the two of you waited outside to hear what was being said. So far, Aang had been the only one to talk and the only thing that the Chief had said was for the two of you to stand before him. 

"Is what the Avatar saying true? You want to marry, (y/n)?"

"Father, I..."

"I asked you a question. You want to marry, (y/n)?"

Yue looked at you and then to her father. She was done hiding her feelings for you. She loved her father but she wouldn't marry to someone that will make her unhappy. Yue loves you and she couldn't picture herself marrying anyone else. 

"Yes, I love her and I cannot marry Hanh. I don't love him."

The Chief takes the longest time to speak what's on his mind. He stands and makes his way behind Yue. What he was doing was highly frowned upon but he didn't care. He could see how miserable the arranged marriage was making Yue. As Chief, he should care about the tribe's peace but as a father, he just wanted Yue happy. 

"I release you from the marriage. It should've never happened in the first place, Yue. Is there anyway you can forgive me?"

Yue turns around to face him. She lets go of your hand and wraps her arms around him to give him a tight hug. 

"I've already forgiven you father. Thank you."

Everyone watches the Chief and Princess as they hold each other, quietly whispering amongst each other. Soon after, the two of them break apart. 

"If I learn that you've made my daughter cry or cause her any harm, I'll thrown you into one of the fire nation volcanoes. Understand?"

"Yes sir!"

He smiles before wrapping his arms around you. 

"Welcome to the family, (y/n)"

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will write about any women from the ATLA/LOK universe. All characters are 18+

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Asami Sato - Twin

Kuvira - Jealous

Korra - Blind