You/Suyin Beifong - Protective

You stared at Su, not believing the fact that she was prohibiting you from stepping outside the mansion

"Su, you're being ridiculous. You've said it yourself that Zaofu is the safest city in the world. I don't understand why I can't just walk near the mansion."

Su looks up from her paperwork and stands to make her way over to you. She rests her hands on your waist as she looks down to you.

"Because you're carrying out baby. I will do everything I can to protect this child from anything."

You glared at her, not liking that she was being over protective.

"So what? You're just going to keep my as a prisoner."

"(y/n), don't be ridiculous. You're free to roam anywhere you want. As long as you stay inside."

"Su! You're being ridiculous. The Avatar and her friends are staying here. I couldn't be safer. I have you, all the guards and team Avatar to keep me safe. Isn't that enough?"

Su opens her mouth to probably tell you that she can't take any chances but you don't give her a chance to tell you when you cover her mouth.

"I'm only telling you this once so you better listen in closely."

Su nods quickly, afraid to upset you even further. She knew that she had pushed you past your limits as to what you would tolerate.

"I am not a child. I can protect myself and if I can't, then there are guards and the Avatar to keep me safe. I'm going to go out and enjoy the sun on my skin and you can't say a damn thing about it because if I keep hearing that I can't go out then I'll throw you inside Zaofu's prison cells myself. You got that?"

Su again nods. You give her a smile and remove your hand from her mouth.

"I'm glad that we've come to a compromise."

You leave her office, not wanting to wait around and hear her try to give you reasons as to why you should stay inside.

X

Not wanting to waste the day away, you brought Lia with you to explore the city. She had been getting a little restless from being stuck inside the mansion as Su had also prohibited Lia from going outside for any reason.

When you had gotten pregnant with Lia, Su wasn't as overprotective with you as she is now. You knew it had to do with the fact that you had almost lost Lia after an accident that happened in the city with a couple of thugs but that was years ago and she had made sure that the city was safer.

You handed Lia her fruit cup and reached around to grab your coin purse when you take notice of Su rushing to hide behind a family so you don't catch her for trailing you. You narrow your eyes at her but don't say anything as you hand the man the money for the fruit.

"Come on, Lia. Mommy seems to want to play hide and seek. Can you spot her?"

The two of you are walking to where you had last seen Su when Lia suddenly breaks away from your hold as she spots Su.

"Mommy! Look at what Mom got me.'

Su has no choice but to reveal herself as she catches Lia in her arms. She carries Lia in her arm and does her walk of shame to you.

"(y/n), I had no idea you would be here."

"Oh no. You don't get to play innocent with me."

The two of you don't say anything to each other on the walk back to the mansion, only just talking to Lia as she goes on and on about the people and buildings in the city.

"Lia, why don't you go to Korra. I'm sure she'll love to hear about your trip to the city."

Lia doesn't even turn around as she runs to where Korra was staying.

"Darling, I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself."

You hold out your hand, making her stop talking.

"I changed my mind. I'm not going to throw you in a cell."

Su lets out a sigh of relief.

"Lin! I have a favor to ask of you."

Lin just so happened to be walking by the two of you. She unsure of what she's walking into when she sees the Su's expression.

"I warned Su about her overprotective behavior and she must've been thinking that I wasn't serious about sending her to jail for the night as she continue to follow me. Could you escort her to one of the cells?"

Su glares at Lin. Lin just smirks as she stares at Su.

"Oh, I'll be glad to."

X

An hour later and you head to where Lin had dropped off Su.

"Learned your lesson?"

"Yes, I'm sorry for caging you like an animal. I'm just scared of someone hurting you."

You let the guards unlock the cell as you step in. You gently cup her cheeks so she can look down at you.

"Su, I trust that you can keep me safe. You've protected me and Lia from everything and you've made the safest cities in the world."

"You're right. I promise to stop being so over protective with the two of you."

You leaned in to kiss her and take her hand when you walk out of the cell.

"Good, lets head back to the mission. I'm starving."