You/Kya - Rescue

Prompt by: fryepheo

You're getting ready to sleep when there's an urgent knocking at your door

You're getting ready to sleep when there's an urgent knocking at your door. Rushing to see who it was, you find Kya on the other side. It looked like she had been running to get to your door. There were several cuts and bruises that showed she had been in a fight.

"Oh my god, Kya. Come in!"

"I can't! You need to come with me. I need your help."

"Kya, you're hurt!"

"I'm fine! I'll heal later but this is important. Zaheer just attacked air temple island and I don't think I can handle another fight with him. I need you help."

You sigh, nodding right away. You would do anything for Kya.

"Okay but we're taking care of those bruises and cuts when we get back."

"Deal! Lets go. I don't know if plans on returning."

"Then we better hurry."

X

Back at Air Temple Island, the two of you made sure to keep the new air benders in the biggest room to keep an eye on them. After making sure that no one had gotten seriously injured, you and Kya headed to the kitchen to deal with the injuries that she had sustained.

"Seriously, (y/n), I'm fine. This is nothing that I can't handle."

"We don't know if it's the adrenaline talking. Let me clean them for you. Healing will just make you exhausted and we can't have you out of commission."

"Fine but only because  I know how stubborn you are about these things."

You rolled your eyes at her before catching up with Pema to ask for some medical supplies. You return to find Kya was halfway with dealing with her injuries.

"I should've tied your hands up. You couldn't even wait a few minutes."

"(Y/n), we haven't gone out on a date."

Kya laughs when she notices how red you get at her comments.

"Kya!"

"Alright. I'm sorry. It's fun to mess with you."

You sigh and get to work on bandaging her cuts while ignoring her occasional teasing comments.

X

Since that night, you made sure to always be near Kya. Even joining her when Tenzin decide to take the new air benders to one of the temples. Kya had refused to bring you along but that didn't stop you from joining them in the airship. As long as Zaheer was still out there, you weren't going to separate form Kya. You cared for her and you refused to see her hurt again.

"I told you it would be boring."

"Kya, I'm here to keep you safe, not for a vacation"

She crossed her arms at you, annoyed that you were being overprotective. The two of you had countless of arguments about the same subject that would ultimately end up leading for the two of you not to talk for weeks.