You/Kuvira - Jealous

You and Kuvira are woken up to Bolin's yells that Korra had been taken

You and Kuvira are woken up to Bolin's yells that Korra had been taken. Not bothering to change out of your pajamas the two of you rushed to meet the rest of Team Avatar to save Korra.

Everyone pairs off in teams, with you and Kuvira taking care of the waterbender. The two of you had fought together for so long that the two of you synched together to coordinate attacks against the waterbender. You had heard stories of how great of a bender she was but the way she was attacking the two of you seemed like she was hardly even putting any effort in the fight. They were just trying to tire you out to figure out a way to escape.

"We need to get Korra! They're trying to tire us out so they can have an opening and escape with her."

You tell Suyin as Kuvira covers for you.

"We can't get through them but we can surprise them by coming down from the ceiling. They won't see us coming."

"What about the woman with the explosions. One of you needs to hit her to temporarily knock out her powers. We can do the rest."

Mako volunteers Bolin so it's just you and Kuvira dealing with the four benders. Holding them back is proving to be a hell of a job but you stick to the plan of distracting them while Bolin tries to land a hit on her.

Bolin still hadn't landed a hit but Lin and Suyin were already making their way down. You don't do anything to alert them about them making their way down but they still manage to realize what's going on. The combustion bender turns around and prepares to bring them down when you step in to protect Suyin and Lin.

"Cover me, Kuvira!"

You yell as you rush through the lava and water that's been thrown at you. As you get closer, you take on Zaheer and P'li to stop them from taking out the Beifong sisters. You're getting exhausted but you push yourself to keep their focus on you. Zaheer sneaked away from you and was making your way towards Lin. Without a care for your safety, you bended the Earth to catapult you to land on his back. Bending metal around his eyes, he's unable to see and starts to spiral back to the ground. You try your best to land safely but it's useless when the woman blows up the rock you had bended so you could land.

"(y/n)!"

Kuvira turns in time to see you crash into one of the pillars. No longer caring about anything but you, she lets Mako and Bolin deal with the benders.

"G-go protect Lin and Korra."

You tell her before passing out from the pain.

X

You don't wake up until a few hours later. Opening your eyes, you find that Kuvira had fallen asleep on the chair besides your bed. Being a light sleeper, she wakes up as you begin to move.

"Don't move. You'll open your stitches."

She tells you as she stands to hand you a cup of water. You wince from the pain that comes when you raise the cup to your mouth.

"What you did was stupid? We've never broken apart from a fight. Why did you jump after Zaheer?"

"Kuvira, did you not see that he was going to take down Lin and Korra. I had to protect them."

"Lin and Suyin could have handled themselves. You could've gotten yourself killed."

"Kuvira, I'm fine. Are Lin and Korra, okay?"

Kuvira shakes her head as she scoffs.

"They're fine. They're already investigating how the Red Lotus infiltrated Zaofu."

You raise your eyebrow at her, not understanding why she was acting like his.

"Did something happen while I was out?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you've been acting weird since I woke. What's going on?"

Kuvira takes the longest time to reply.

"You went after Zaheer to protect Lin..and Korra. You just left me alone with the other 3 benders."

The way she answered you, you knew this had everything to do with Lin.

"Kuvira, Lin was dangling in the middle of the air with just a piece of metal. Zaheer had every intention to cut it. I wasn't just going to let her fall to her death."

Kuvira had been jealous about the fact that you had just jumped to protect Lin without a care for your safety when she knew that they could protect themselves but hearing your explanation made her realize that she was just overreacting. She takes a deep breath, calming down.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think of that. I was just upset that you had left me alone."

"I know and I'm sorry. All I was thinking about was keeping Lin and Korra safe."

Kuvira nods and lays beside you, careful not to accidently hurt you. You let her hold you, enjoying the comfort she was providing.

"I'll never leave you on your own again. We're supposed to be a team and I left you behind."

"It's okay, (y/n). You had done it to protect the Avatar."

You nod and let your eyes close to enjoy the feel of her fingers comb through your hair. Kuvira couldn't wait for the outsiders to leave so Zaofu could go back to its peaceful self. Just a few more days and your ex would be gone.

-----------

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will write about any women from the ATLA/LOK universe. All characters are 18+

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Korra - Blind

Toph Beifong - Soulmates

------------