You/Toph Beifong - Soulmates

Ever since you were little, you hated only being able to see black and white

Ever since you were little, you hated only being able to see black and white. It led to countless hours of crying and frustration because you couldn't see the world as you should. Your parents were originally going to wait to explain to you why they could see in color and why you could only see in black and white but seeing how it was affecting you, they told you all about soulmates. How only your soulmate could bring color to your world and that at any second, they could touch you and bring colors back to your life.

Ever since they had explained to you about soulmates, the more you wanted to find them. Not only because you wanted to see in color but because you wanted to meet your other half. Your parents had told you that meeting your soulmate was destiny and so you figured if you kept yourself from touching anyone that your soulmate would be the only one to touch you, thus eliminating the chance of thinking your soulmate was someone else.

X

Years later and you had yet to actually anyone other than your family, you shied away from any physical affections until eventually people learned not to touch you. This made it easier on you. The only problem happened to be whenever you and your family went out of your hometown to visit nearby cities.

You're making your way to the arena when you bump into someone. She doesn't even stop, simply turns around and apologizes for knocking you over. You can't even manage to get upset when you realized that she was the reason why you could see in color again. You sat there on the ground, simply taking in all the color that you had missed for the majority of your life. Had you been able to see in color since you were born, you would've never come to appreciate all the color around you.

A few minutes later and you finally stand up from where you had been knocked over. You turn around to search for the woman that had knocked you over but she was nowhere to be seen. You stayed near the markets in hopes to see her again but she never reappeared. At night, you finally headed home and told your parents about how you were now able to see color. Seeing how devastated you were about how you hadn't been able to see your other half, your parents decided to spend another week in the city in hopes that you could find her again.

X

Toph had been running late to teach her classes. She was irresponsible but not enough that she would make the kids she was teaching miss out on the hour they had paid. Running as fast as she could to the temple, she bumped into someone. Toph had no time to help her up so she just said a quick apology over her shoulder.

When she arrives at the temple, she finally realizes that something felt different. She couldn't tell what it was but Toph knew it had to do with the stranger she had bumped into. The entire time she gave her lesson, all she could think about how it was going to be impossible to find you. When the lesson is finally finished, Toph runs back to the market and looks around for someone that she knew didn't belong in the city. She knew everyone since she was little and there was no way that anyone that lived in the city was her soulmate.

X

Days go by and neither of you have any luck on finding each other. Both of you are losing hope, thinking that you won't be able to find each other. On the last day that you were meant to stay in the city, you headed to the nearest tea shop for something strong. You were upset that in the end, you hadn't been able to find the one who gave you your colors back. It was upsetting and you just knew that if you left without finding them, you would never find them again. You begged your parents to let you stay longer but they refused saying how it was unlikely you would ever find them again.

Toph knew she needed something to calm her down. She had moved out of her parents house but yet they still found ways to bother her. When they heard that it was possible she had found her soulmate, they had not stopped bothering her to ask who it was. She would always tell them that it wasn't any of their business but that didn't seem to stop them. Even if Toph knew who it was, she would still keep it from them.

"That's her Toph, she's the girl that arrived in town almost a week ago."

"What?!"

No longer caring about the tea, Toph rushes to your table.

"It's you isn't it."

Toph tells you as she reaches out to touch your face. You wouldn't slapped her hands away but you couldn't when you realize this was the same woman that had knocked you down and hadn't bothered to stay behind and help you.

"I'm Toph."

"I'm (y/n) and I've been loo