You/Toph Beifong - Loss

Toph was in the middle of listening in on a witness' account of what happened when another explosion occurred

Toph was in the middle of listening in on a witness' account of what happened when another explosion occurred. She could tell it was quite far from the latest one that had just occurred and it was making her think that had set this one off to divert everyone away from the other location.

"Squad 3. You'll stay here and continue to assess the damage. Report back to me when you're done. The rest of you will come with me."

There's a chorus of 'yes chief' before she takes off to the direction of where the latest bomb had gone off.

X

The closer that Toph got to the explosion, the faster she went. The route was similar, she had it memorized after always coming to visit you for lunch. She could only hope and wish that you had opened up your store late.

"Surround the area and search for anyone that is injured! Keep your eyes peeled because I have a feeling that whoever is responsible for this is still around."

As her officers obeyed her orders, Toph rushed to your shop. You store was near enough to be caught within the blast range of the explosion

"(y/n)! Are you in here?"

You couldn't answer, the blast had ended up knocking you out. Toph momentarily curses when you don't say anything. Grabbing 2 of her officers, the 3 of them get to work on searching for you.

"She's over here, Chief! We need to hurry and get her to one of the hospitals!"

Toph doesn't even get a chance to reach you as he pushes past her with you in his arms. She takes off after him, not wanting to be left behind. Toph wasn't sure what the stare of your condition was but from the tone of officer's voice, she could tell it wasn't good.

X

"You can't go in there!"

The nurse uses her body to block Toph from following after you. No one had told her anything as her officers refused to tell her what had happened to you.

"She's my wife!"

"You still need to remain down here. The healers will do everything they can to save her hand but you need to be patient."

"I'm sorry but what did you say? Save her hand? What the hell happened to her hand?"

The nurse gulps loudly, suddenly very afraid for her life. Toph was quite intimidating when she wanted to be.

"H...her hand was cut off in the blast. We'll do our best to reattach it but I can't guarantee anything."

Toph gripped her shirt and pulled her up so that the nurse was at eye level with her.

"You better do everything you can to reattach it or..."

"Toph!"

Sokka and Katara arrived just in time before Toph starts to threaten the poor nurse. Sokka leads Toph back to the lobby while Katara profusely apologizes to the nurse.