You/Asami Sato - Three

It was too late to admit your feelings to your best friend

It was too late to admit your feelings to your best friend. You had waited far too long and now she was dating an idiot that she had almost run over. You couldn't see what she saw in him. He was loud, rude, and a complete asshole. Asami deserved better and you were going to do anything you could to help out your best friend. Even if you weren't head over heels in love with her, you would've still planned to break them up. The guy was only with her for convenience. Asami had helped find the funds for his team and you were more than sure that he was just keeping her around in case he needed a huge favor like that.

"How do I like?"

You do a quick glance over, not wanting to stare at her for too long.

"Beautiful as ever Asami. I don't even know why you have to ask."

"Because I value your opinion and I want to look good for Mako."

"Right. Where did you say that he was taking you?"

"I'm not sure. He just said that he was going to pick me up." The doorbell rings just as she says. "Can you go open the door for him? Let him know that I'll be there in a second."

You sigh and nod. You really could've avoided all this if you had told her that you were in love with her but there was nothing you could do now but deal with the consequences.

X

You roll your eyes as you open the door.

"She's almost done getting ready so you have to wait for her."

You're about to close the door in his face but his foot stops you from actually closing it.

"Can I come in and wait for her?"

"No. You can wait outside."

He wasn't surprised by your attitude. He was more than aware of the fact that you hated his guts and that you were madly in love with Asami. It was quite obvious with the way you acted around her.

"You know, you're going to have to warm-up to me sometime. I'm dating Asami, whether you like it or not. I don't plan on breaking up with her soon. I really like her."

You didn't believe a word that he was saying. You continued to glare at him until you noticed him start to become uncomfortable.

"I'm only going to tell you this once so listen up. I hate your guts. I know that you're using Asami so I'm not going to warm-up to you. I'm going to do anything I could possibly do to get the two of you to breakup."

Mako was horrified to hear this. He didn't think you would just straight up tell him your true feelings for him. Before he gets a chance to respond, Asami was already coming down the stairs to join the two of you.

"I'm sorry about the wait. I just needed to finish fixing getting my hair done. I hope (y/n) wasn't being too difficult."

Mako quickly shakes his head and gives her a smile.

"Not at all. We were just talking. Are you ready to go?"

"Of course. I'll see you later (y/n)."

You flashed her a smile and waved goodbye as they walked away. As soon as the door was closed, you dropped the smile. You couldn't stand the two of them being together any longer. Your plan to get them to breakup was going to be sped up.

X

Mako knew exactly what you were doing since the very beginning. You were acting more clingy than ever with Asami and if he even attempted to say anything about it, you would start getting defensive about how he was stealing your best friend. Being a people pleaser, Asami would divide her time equally between the two of you so neither of you would fight. You knew it was making Mako paranoid with how long and how late you would spend time with Asami. He knew that you would never do anything to jeopardize your friendship with Asami but he couldn't help but think that there was something more going on between the two of you. Mako had tried to casually bring up your feelings to Asami and she just played it off by saying that you couldn't possibly be in love with her. The way she played it off was irritating and it just pushed him to further believe that the two of you were messing around behind his back.

The straw that broke the camel's bad was seeing the two of you cuddled up in her bed. Asami had given him full access privileges and so Mako used it to his advantage to surprise. He had visited her late in the night. Asami's butler had opened the door so his surprise hadn't been ruined. Just as he was making his way to her room, he had heard the two of you laugh. Wanting to catch the two of you in the act, he ran to the room.

"What the hell is this?!"

Asami immediately pulled away from you to make her way over to calm him down. You laid in her bed, watching the scene unfold with a smirk.

"Mako, calm down. What are you talking about?"

"This! This thing between you and (y/n). I know that the two of you are fucking behind my back!"

"Mako, (y/n) is my best friend! I'm dating you! I wouldn't cheat on you!"

"No! I don't believe you. The two of you are way too close to be considered best friend. I know you're cheating on me with her. We're over Asami!"

"Mako!"

Mako rushed out of the house, the image of your smirk never leaving his mind. The more distance he put between the two of you, the more he began to realize that he had fallen into your trap.

X

"It's okay, Asami. I'm here for you. Mako didn't deserve you."

Asami just sobbed in your arms. Your heart broke to see her like this but you were happy that they had broken up.

-----------       

All characters are 18+   

Send me prompts and suggestions on the request page.

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing   

Azula - Sleep

Lin Beifong - Threat

Kuvira - Injured

Izumi - Visit

Lin Beifong - Smug

Lin Beifon - Sick

Suyin Beifong - Trust //kid fic

Lin Beifong - Fight   

Toph Beifong - Loss

Korra - Recovery    

------------