You/Asami Sato - Double

"Why are we even together if we don't even spend any time together

"Why are we even together if we don't even spend any time together. You're always at work and you never have time for me anymore."

"I love you, Asami. I simply want to keep funding your work. I know that it's been hard for you after what you dad did and I'm just trying to help you. I'm doing this for you, Asami. How do you think that I got the money to fund the new project you've been working on? It's not easy to earn so much money without a little sacrifice."

Asami started to feel bad. She should've never said anything.

"I'm sorry, (y/n). I just miss you. It feels like I haven't seen you in forever. I'm sure I can find another way to fund my research."

"I know, Asami. I miss you too but I know that you're on the brink of a breakthrough in your research and I don't want you to worry about anything other than your work. It'll only be for a little while longer and then we'll be able to spend as much time together."

Asami hated that she had to depend on you for money to continue funding her research but you were insistent on helping her out. She tried turning you down but you wouldn't take no for an answer so she accepted. She almost wished that she hadn't given in so easily if it meant that you woulnd't be so busy.

"Alright. I'll try to hurry and finish it so things can go back to normal."

You pressed a soft kissed to her lips with a smile.

"I can't wait until then."

X

"They shut down another one, (y/n). We won't be able to continue making any profit if they keep shutting us down."

"I know, you idiot! You don't have to remind me. I just need for Asami to finish her project so we can continue with our plan. It'll only be for a little longer. Until then, I expect for you to do better or I'll kill you and anyone who let the Avatar take down our operations."

He nods and hurries out of your office to inform the others.

Finally alone, you call Asami.

"I'm sorry, Asami..."

"You can't make it to dinner?"

"No, I finished all my work earlier so I could go home but then they had other things that I could work on for extra money and I just had to accept."

Asami sighs, upset that you were yet again cancelling dinner. She wanted to get mad but she couldn't because of why you were even working overtime.

"That's okay. We can just schedule another time."

You hated keeping Asami in the dark but you knew that she would never approve of the way you were making money. You knew that you would eventually have to come clean but it could wait for just a little longer.

X

"They found us! We need you help!"

You had no time to yell at them as you rushed out to help. Whatever you had to say to them would have to wait until you got rid of the police and the Avatar.

X

"(y/n)?"

"Asami?"

You're both surprised to find each other in the middle of the chaos.

"What are you doing here?"

"Please tell me that this is just a misunderstanding and that this is just a wrong place, wrong time kind of thing."

Needing for a quite place to talk, you pulled her aside as everyone else continued to fight.

"I was going to tell you, Asami. I just needed to find the right time."

"The right time?! How can..."

You covered her mouth, not wanting for anyone to hear her screams.

"You didn't seem to be complaining whenever I paid for everything that you needed. Did you really think that as an office worker that I would be able to make that kind of money, love? I did this for you." Asami closed her eyes as she shook her head. She refused to believe that you had been behind everything. "You have to understand that I love you, Asami. I really do. You can't get mad at me for what I've been doing. You've also been benefitting from all this. I'm going to let you talk but you can't scream, understand?"

Asami nods so you remove your hand.

"You didn't do this for me. You did this for yourself. You've been doing this for far longer than we've been together."

"But I planned to quit, Asami. I was going to when I met you and learned that you were friends with the Avatar but then you lost everything so I just couldn't leave it behind."

"You're lying. You were never going to leave this behind."

"I never lied to you, Asami. I told you the truth but just bended it a little. You can't blame me for trying to do anything possible for a little extra cash to help you with your dreams of restoring Future Industries to its former glory...." You stop when you hear your second in command telling everyone to retreat. "I need to go. You know the truth now so maybe you could join me? Together, we can grow bigger. You don't have to give me an answer now. You can let me know by either turning me in or keeping quiet about everything."

You give her a quick kiss and then take off.

X

Your words kept repeating in Asami's head. She didn't know whether to turn you in or keep quiet. She loved you and she knew that you loved her but she wasn't sure if she was okay with what you were doing.

"Asami! What happened? Are you okay? Where did you go?"

Asami took a deep breath to collect her thoughts before speaking.

"I..."