You/Izumi - Visit

"Dad, I don't understand why I even have to come to these stupid meetings

"Dad, I don't understand why I even have to come to these stupid meetings."

"You can't be head of the Southern Water Tribe if you don't learn the inner workings of our delicate political system."

"But I don't even want to be head of the Tribe. I love you, dad. I really do but I'm not cut out to deal with all of this."

"You haven't even given it a chance. Now we're going to go in there and you're going to shut up and listen to what we talk about. Understand?"

"But dad..."

"If you don't, we'll head back home as soon as the meeting is over. We won't stay a couple of days like we planned."

You glared at him, not believing that he would do so. He narrows is eyes at you and you decide to give in and play the perfect daughter. You really didn't want to leave the city without going to your favorite restaurant first. It had been months since you had gone and you missed their food.

"Fine!"

He smiles to himself, satisfied that you were listening to him for once. It didn't matter that he threatened you, just that you listened.

X

Once inside, you make your way to the farthest seat away from the main table when you hear someone clearing their throat. You look up to find your dad staring at you and pointing to a closer seat. With a sigh, you make your way over to it.

"Let me guess, your father forced you come to one of these as well."

"What gave it away?"

You ask with a little attitude, not bothering to look up at the person that was now sitting besides you.

"The little stomps that you did as you made your way over." You turn around to tell them off for making you sound like a little kid but stop yourself from actually opening your mouth and saying something stupid. The princess can't help but find you cute when you struggle to figure out what to say. "Cat got your tongue?"

"What? No! I...I just..shut up!"

Izumi smiles as you cross your arms and glare at nothing in particular to play off how embarrassed you were about what just happened.

"I'm Izumi from the Fire Nation."

"(y/n) from the Southern Water Tribe."

You whisper back to her. The meeting had already started and you didn't want your father to hear that you weren't paying attention to what they were saying.

"I know you don't seem to care about any of this but it's important. Did your father not tell you what it was like when we were all at war with each other?"

"He did but I don't see a point to it. The Fi...nevermind."

"It's okay. You can say it. If we don't talk about the past, history is doomed to repeat itself. Our nation caused a lot of harm to the world and I'm not sure if we'll ever make up for the sings that my ancestors committed."

"It's not your job to fix everything. All you can do is prevent from it ever happening again and doing what you can to help those that suffered."

"You sound much like my father."

As the meeting went on, the two of you kept quiet. Izumi looked like she was actually paying attention to what was happening and you didn't want to disturb her.

"...this is my first time ever visiting Republic City."

You hear her say when the meeting finished. You were just about to head out with your father but stopped and turned back to face her.

"Are you kidding? Your father and the avatar were the ones that came up with the idea of building a neutral ground for all the nations. How could this be your first time visiting it?"

"I was always stuck in lessons whenever father had to come deal with foreign affairs so I couldn't come. This is my first time that I'm free."

"Well then I'm officially your tour guide to the city. I know all the best shops and places to eat so stick with me and I'll show you the beauty of Republic City. What do you say?"

You ask her as you hold out your hand for her to take. She smiles and takes your hand.

"Lead the way."

X

As promised, you had shown her all around the city. The two of you genuinely enjoyed your time together and you were both dreading when the time would come for the two of you to go your separate ways.

"I had a lot of fun, (y/n). Thank you for showing me around."

"It was my pleasure to show the Princess of the Fire Nation. I couldn't let you visit places that weren't worthy of your presence."

"You're something else, (y/n)."

You give her a grin and then a hug.

"I'm going to miss you, Izumi. It's too bad that the two of you are heading back to the Fire Nation tomorrow."

"I know. Father is a busy man."

"We can write letters to each other. Radios are also being introduced so maybe we can talk through there?"

"I'd like that."

It got quiet for a second, the two of you unsure of what to say. You were standing far too close and Izumi just couldn't help but look down at your lips. You would've noticed but you were also looking down at her lips.

"Can I kiss you?"

The two of you say in unison. You start to laugh but stop when Izumi crashes her lips with yours.

"You better write me letters, (y/n)."

"I...I will."

She smiles and leans in to kiss you once again before heading out to meet her father. Alone, you finally headed back to your room with a smile, happy that you had gone to the silly meeting that your dad had insisted for you to go to.

"So? What did you think of the meeting, (y/n)? Are you going to join me next time willingly?"

"It was....interesting. I'll definitely be coming with you, dad. I can finally see why you think these meetings are important."

"Good! I'm glad you're seeing things my way."

-----------       

All characters are 18+   

Send me prompts and suggestions on the request page.

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing   

Lin Beifong - Smug

Lin Beifon - Sick

Suyin Beifong - Trust //kid fic

Lin Beifong - Fight   

Toph Beifong - Loss

Korra - Recovery    

Senna - Choice

Lin Beifong/Kya - Happy

Azula - Ducks //kid fic

Azula - Personality

Kuvira - Injured Part 2

------------