You/Korra - Recovery

You didn't react when Korra yelled at Katara

You didn't react when Korra yelled at Katara. It was a common occurrence and Katara knew how to handle Korra by now.

"I'm so tired, Katara. I'm not making any progress. All I've done is waste your time."

"Korra, don't say that. You've been making improvements. Slowly but it's still better than nothing. Most people wouldn't even be able to do what you do during this period of their recovery. It takes them years to get to where you are. You should give yourself more credit."

Korra scoffs at Katara's words, her recovery progress wasn't going as fast as she needed it to go. She needed to go back and help those that needed her.

"While I'm wasting my time here, people are out there in need of my help."

"Korra, you can't carry the burdens of the world on your shoulder."

"I'm the Avatar! It's my responsibility to carry them. I...."

She stops talking when she feels your hand on her shoulder. Turning around, she finds you giving her a disappointed look.

"Korra, I know you're frustrated but you don't have to yell at Master Katara. She's helped you progress so much."

Korra takes a deep breath, hoping it would help her deal with her frustration but it doesn't. It just makes her more annoyed.

"Yeah well she doesn't have to deal with my burden. She doesn't have most of the world waiting for her to recover so she could help them."

Korra turns around in her wheelchair and heads out of the room. You don't follow after her since you knew she needed some time to cool off.

"I'm terribly sorry about Korra."

Katara gives you a warm smile, not at all bothered about what happened. The way Korra was acting was normal. She's helped heal quite a lot of people and the majority of them would have a hard time dealing with what had happened to them.

"It's quite alright, (y/n). No one is to blame for this. All we can do is be patient with her and be there for her when she needs us."

The two of you talk for a little longer and then you excuse yourself to look for Korra.

X

You eventually find her laying down on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. Not wanting to disturb her, you knock at her door.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah."

You make your way over to lay down besides her. The two of you lay besides the other without saying a word as the two of you thought about what to say. Korra wanted to apologize and you wanted to tell her that you were going to be by her side through thick and thin.

"I'm sorry for the way I was acting with Katara."

"You shouldn't be apologizing to me. You should be apologizing to Master Katara."

"She probably hates me. I don't even know why she keeps helping me."

You take her hand, interlocking your fingers. The action makes the two of you smile.

"She doesn't hate you. Master Katara could never hate you. What you're going through is not easy. It's frustrating and she understands that. We understand that. I don't blame you for occasionally yelling in frustration."

Korra starts to feel guilty. She didn't deserve the kindness that the two of you were giving her.

"I'll try to hold myself back from yelling again. It's not fair to either of you. The two of you just want to help me. I don't know how I could ever repay that."

You leaned in to kiss her, simply happy that Korra wasn't giving up on her therapy. There were often times that she threatened to quit but she never went through with it.

"You just focus and continue with your therapy. That's all I could ever ask for in return."

-----------       

All characters are 18+   

Send me prompts and suggestions on the request page. If I didn't reply to your prompt request, send me a message with your prompt.

This is the list of prompts that I will be doing   

Lin Beifong - Regret

Senna - Choice

Lin Beifong/Kya - Happy

Azula - Ducks //kid

Azula - Personality

Kuvira - Injured Part 2

Kuvira - //kid part 2

Suyin Beifong - Consequences

Korra - Hit //picture

Kuvira - Gone

Korra/Asami Sato - Support //pic

Lin Beifong/Kya - Hidden

Azula - Heartbroken //2 prts

Lin Beifong - Party

Asami Sato/Korra - Decisions //or

Mai - Gentle

Kuvira - Comfort

Lin Beifong - Debt

Toph Beifong - Love

Azula - Protective //kid fic

Kuvira - Switch

------------