You/Korra - Train Part 1

There was just far too many for the 2 of you to take down

There was just far too many for the 2 of you to take down. It was clear that it had been an ambush to take out the Avatar and you had been in the crossfire. They had been surprised to find you with the Avatar but that didn't stop them from continuing their plans to take her.

Korra was still having a hard time with entering the Avatar state so it wasn't a choice at the moment. The two of you were getting more and more exhausted as the fight continued without an end in sigh.

Before you have a chance to tell Korra your plan, she cries out as they throw a spear at her stomach. Worried about her and no longer able to deal with the men on your own, you bloodblend them all to freeze without thinking about it. They're unable to move so you have a chance to check on Korra.

"Korra! It's going to be okay. I can heal this. Just take a deep breath. This is going to hurt." Korra is in far too much pain to realize what was going on. She gripped your leg tightly as you pulled out the spear and quickly began to heal as much as you could. You don't stop until you can see that her wound was closed up. "Does it hurt? How do you feel?"

"A little dizzy but I think I'll be fine. Thank you, (y/n)."

You press a soft kiss against her lips before helping her stand back up.

"Lets go home. You need to rest and...Korra?" Korra finally noticed the frozen bodies and terrified eyes. She had seen this before with Amon. Just the mention of his name brought nightmares of what had happened. "Korra? What's going on? Are you okay?"

She pushes you off of her, unable to stand being besides you. Not after witnessing how you were bending their blood to keep them in place.

"What is this?!"

She motions around all the frozen bodies, trying to understand how you were doing this without any effort.

"Korra, I can explain..."

"You can blood bend! You can blood bend and you never told me! How could you keep something like this form me?"

You wince as her voice gets louder. You tried to talk but she wouldn't let you as she just continued going on and on about how you should've told her. That it was necessary for you to tell her that you could blood bend.

"I never intended to bend blood, Korra! I only did it because you were hurt. Master Katara had taught me everything she knew and that included blood bending because she trusted me. She hated how she learned to blood bend but she couldn't deny that the skill could come in handy when someone's life was in danger."

"Master Katara would never say that!"

You took a step closer to her but she moved back. You hated to see the betrayed look in her eye, and that was making you regret not telling her earlier.

"Blood bending is not something that Master Katara talks about with anyone. She only thought it to me when she learned that I would be coming to Republic City in case your life was ever danger."

"I'm the Avatar! There's no need for you to protect me."

"Korra, one of them stabbed you with their spear. If it hadn't been for me, you would've been kidnapped or killed."

"Stop! Stop trying to justify the use of blood bending. You saw what Amon and his brother did. They took moved my body against my will and took away my bending. Do you know how it feels to experience that. To be conscious but unable to move your body?"

"I have experienced it, Korra. Master Katara.."

"Enough! I don't want to hear this. You blood bended every single one of these men and you're not even breaking a sweat. No one can be this skilled without having practiced it on living things. Tell me the truth. Was it Master Katara who thought it to you."

"...Korra, please."

"Tell me the truth."

You looked away from her, no longer being able to stand her looking at you with so much hatred in her eyes.

"I learned it on my own. I heard about it and I figured it would be something useful to learn to keep you safe. Korra, please. I only did it to protect you. After I mastered it, I stopped practicing it. I vowed to never bend blood unless you were in danger and I kept my promise."

Korra bends the air around you, pushing you back against the wall with such force that the air was forced out of your lungs.

"Stop lying to me. You lied about Master Katara and that's enough for me to know that I can't trust you. Who knows what else you could've lied about?"

"I love you, Korra. That's all that matters!"

She lets you go, letting you fall on your feet as she starts walking away.

"We're over. I can't be with someone that thinks lying and hurting innocent creatures is okay."

You tried to chase after her but she had blocked off the alley with a giant boulder. With no way to move, you fell to your knees and began to cry