You/Korra - State

"No, no, no, like this Edek

"No, no, no, like this Edek. You need to copy exactly what I'm doing or else you'll end up getting it wrong."

He rolled his eyes as he let out an annoyed sigh. He could already bend fire, he didn't see a point to learning all kinds of forms that were unnecessary.

"There's no point to this. I don't see why I have to learn the forms. I can already bend fire. We're wasting time with fire when we could be learning water or even air."

"Alright. Then try to beat me."

You stepped back and got into a fighting stance as you waited for his first straight.

"I'm not going to fight you. You're at a disadvantage Master (y/n)." You raised your eyebrow at him, not amused by his words. Deciding to take the initiative, you deal the first blow, catching him by surprise. "Wait a minute! I said that I wasn't going to fight you!" He steps back, avoiding every move that you do on him. It's not until he's cornered that he finally decides to fight back. Just as he does, you counter it, catching him by surprise and knocking him down. "Again! I wasn't prepared."

"Alright. Again then." Just like before, it doesn't take long for you to knock him down again. "So what were you saying about not believing that forms are important?"

"I'm sorry, Master (y/n). I won't insult them again."

You nod and continue with his training well until the night.

X

You let out a sigh of relief when you sit inside the tub of hot water. Your muscles ached after being used for the first time in years but you didn't mind it so much. It brought back memories of when you were younger. When you became Korra's fire bender Master.

X

(FLASHBACK)

"I've been bending fire since I was a little girl. This is pointless Master (y/n). I can bend fire in my sleep."

"Okay, if you know so much about fire bending. Then try to knock me down."

"Easy." The two of you get into a fighting stance and start the fight. You let Korra do all the work, watching her until you can see that she's getting tired of not being able to land a hit. Just as she takes a break, you move in to take her down. "That wasn't fair! You saw that I had gotten tired."

"Korra, the enemy is not going to let you take a break in the middle of a fight. I did this so you could see that just throwing fire at the enemy will tire you out. The forms are to help you save your strength while dealing heavy blows."

Korra holds out her hand with a smile.

"I get it. I'll be more patient Master (y/n). Thank you. Can we continue our training?"

"We can."

The training didn't stop well into the night.

X