Chapter 8

Chapter 8- Duel With An Opponent

It was the next round, and you were getting irritated by the Genomite crawling up your arm

It was the next round, and you were getting irritated by the Genomite crawling up your arm. From your side eye, you saw Momo and Twig playing around with each other. You made sure the guard wasn't looking and you quickly snapped your fingers, making Twig look and and come towards you.

He climbed under the crystal and he started to eat away at the Genomite. You turned back when you heard a roar and saw a giant Goat Gorilla chasing Aang, and then hug him.
'Huh, so that's Flopsie,' You thought. Flopsie ran to The king as Aang jumped onto the railing to your three.
"Are you guys' okay?" He asked with concern at the state you're in.

"Other than the crystal slowly encasing my entire body, doing great," Katara sarcastically said.
"I've been in worse," You shrugged, as Twig continued to bite through. Sokka's crystal was growing in another angle, and it caused him to fall over, making you snort.
"Come on, I'm ready for my next challenge," Aang told The king.

The king started to laugh as you all made your way to an arena.
"Your final test is a duel. And, as a special treat, you may chose your opponent," The king explained. Two people walked in and they both looked tough.
'Pfft, not as tough as t-' You got cut off from your thought as Aang foolishly chose The king.

"Well, it was fun to know you Air boy," You sighed.
"Come one (Y/N), Aang's got this," Katara reassured you.
"I know what kind of king he is, he won't go easy on him," You replied as a guard threw Aang's staff to him.

The two started to fight, and The king having the upper hand with the earth around him. Aang kept dodging the attacks.
"Air boy seriously needs to not only dodge, but find an opening to his opponents," You mumbled to Sokka.
"Yeah? Well then, go kick his butt Aang!" Sokka shouted, then the crystal grew over his face.

"How are you going to get me from way over there?" The king asked, and as Aang charged, he made quick sand to prevent the Avatar from running. You stayed focus on his attack skills, and how he fought.

'Swift, and doesn't want to attack back. He's totally different from people I've trained with. And extremely different from her,' You thought, remembering when you were younger. Jeez, I'm making it sound like you're old.

'So many people I want to apologize,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ow! No fair! I totally got you!" You whined while rubbing your rear as you felt for the tenth time.
"It's not my fault you're so bad at moving around!" Your friend laughed. You got up and puffed out your cheeks, making you laugh too.
"Alright, one more round? I got to get back home before they know I left," She asked while getting into position.

You smiled brightly and got into position too, but a small twinge of guilt set into your chest.
"Wait, I need to tell you something," You said.
"What is it (Y/N) scared you'll get beat again?" Your friend smirked.
"No, it's about staying here," You said. She stopped and stood straight.

"Oh, well then, spit it out!" She said, sitting down and crossing her legs.
"As much as I love it here, and can't be here any longer. The Fire Nation will come looking for me, and if they come here, I don't know what I'll do if they hurt this village," You explained. You saw your friend's face morphed into sadness, and she sighed.

"Well, then go." You stared at her with slight shock.
"If you're afraid for others, then you do what you have to do. I'm not forcing you, it's just I wish we still have more time," She sighed sadly.
"I promise not matter what, I'll come back for you, and we'll be friends together!" You smiled as she got up.

"Best rock buddies together!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You suddenly got interrupted again by The king and Aang appearing in front of you.
'Wait, I wasn't paying attention. Did he win?' you thought with a jolt.
"You passed all my tests. Now, you must answer one question." He told him.
"That's not fair, you said you would release my friends if I finish your tests," Aang argued.

"Aw, but what's the point of tests if you don't learn anything?" The king asked with a smile.
"Oh, come on!" Sokka whined.
"Answer this one question, and I will set your friends free," You four all waited at his question.

"What is my name?" You raised an eyebrow at that question.
'His name? Shoot, I forgot his name. But it sounded familiar,' You thought.
"From the looks from your friends, I'd say you only have a few minutes," The king said and simply walked away.

"How am I supposed to know his name?" Aang asked with a defeated sigh.
"Think about the challenges, it must be some kind of riddle," Katara guessed. You finally felt Twig eat through the Genomite connecting from your hand and you moved it around it sooty it from the cramp it got.

"I got it!" Sokka shouted.
"He's an Earthbender right? Rocky!" There was a pause.
"You know, because of all the rocks," You just gave him a disappointed look.
"We're gonna keep trying, but that is a good backup," Katara said, making you snort.

"Okay, so back to the challenges. I got a key from a waterfall, I saved his pet, and I had a duel," Aang explained.
"And what did you learn?" Katara asked.
"Well, everything was different than I expected." He trailed off.
"Maybe you gotta think outside the box?" You guessed. Aang then brightened up.

"I know his name!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bumi, you're a mad genius," You ooh'd at the realization you made.
'Aw, he finally met his friend after so long,' You thought with a soft smile as Aang hugged Bumi.
"Uh, over here," Katara piped in.
"A little help," Sokka yelped.

"Well, I'm done with this," You said and took off the Genomite from the hole Twig made.
"WHAT?!" The siblings said in shock as Bumi broke apart their Genomites.
"It's rock candy, I just didn't want to ruin the fun," You grinned.

"Not cool (Y/N)!" Sokka whined.
"So this crazy king if your old friend Bumi?" Katara asked Aang.
"Who are you calling old?" Bumi asked worth a playful glare.
"Okay, I'm old," He sighed.

"Why did you do all this instead of just telling Aang who you were?" Sokka wondered.
"First of all, it's pretty fun messing with people," Bumi laughed.
"He's not wrong," You mumbled.

"But I do have a reason." He turned to the Avtar.
"Aang, you have a difficult task ahead. The Rolf has changed in the 100 years you've been gone. It's the duty of the Avatar to restore balance to the world by defeating Fire Lord Ozai. You have much to learn. You must master the 4 elements and confront the Fire Lord. And when you do, I hope you will think like a mad genius," Bumi explained.

Aang smiled and bowed to him.
"And it looks like you're in good hands. You'll need your friends to help you defeat the Fire Nation." Momo hopped on top of Aang's shoulder as Twig snuggled up in your arms.
"And you'll need Momo and Twig too," You then made eye contact with him and you froze.

"And taking the Delusional Bender will get you farther than you'll ever be," He said with a grin. You scratched your neck and coughed a little.
"Thank you for your wisdom. But before we leave, I have a challenge for you," Aang smiled mischievously.

The two ended up on sliding down the mail delivery while crashing into things.

"My cabbages!!"