Chapter 13

Chapter 13- Into The Battlefield

"Boomerang! There you are!" You smiled as you and Aang found Sokka in his warrior uniform

"We've been looking everywhere for you. The boats are ready to leave," Aang said while pointing at the boats.
"I messed up guys," Sokka mumbled, looking down.

"What do you mean?" Aang asked, tilting his head.
"The invasion plan was my moment of truth and I completely flubbed it. I just fell apart," Sokka told you two with a frown.
"Don't seat Boomerang, no one really good at public speaking, trust me," You reassured him with a smile.

"My dad is! He explained the plan perfectly and inspired everyone, like a real leader should," Sokka sighed sadly.
"Look, your moment of truth isn't gonna be in front of some map; it's gonna be out there on the battlefield," Aang piped in with determination.

"You seem so confident about everything, how do you know we're gonna win?" Sokka asked you two.
"We don't," You simply said, with Twig nuzzling your cheek.
"I already failed the world once at Ba Sing Se," Aang told him, but he stood tall with his staff.

"I won't let myself fail again,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boats sailed across the sea, where you saw Fire Lord statues in lines at the entrance of the Fire Nation.
"There they are, the Great Gates of Azulon," Hakoda said while looking though his scope.
"I don't see any gates," Katara commented, and you noticed your mom shaking slightly.

"It's been a long time since I've been back. Do you think we'll win?" She asked you, and you shrugged, with Twig landing on your shoulder.
"We'll see," You mumbled, with the waterbenders made fog over the boats, trying to sneak over the gates.

But it didn't work as an alarm was set off, and nets were lifted up by the statues, which then caught fire to prevent any boats to come near.
"Huh, there's the gates," You said, and Hakoda turned to everyone.

"Everyone below deck!" Everyone ran down the decks, and soon, Firebenders hopped in the boats, breaking into each door to find you all, but you weren't there.

Because Sokka, being the absolute genius, had the mechanics to make submarines, and you were all underwater, driving through with the machines.
"You've really outdone yourself this time, son," Hakoda smiled at his son.
"Yeah, congratulations, Sokka. You managed to invent a worse way of travel than flying," Toph groaned, getting sea sick and threw up in The Duke's helmet.

"Well, I just came up with the idea. The mechanist did all the work," Sokka shrugged.
"Now don't sell yourself short, my boy. It was your idea to use waterbending to make the subs sink and float, brilliant!" Teo's dad grinned, and took out Sokka's blueprints.
"Though your original designs were a bit difficult to decipher," The paper held a badly drawn submarine, and you snorted at his art skills.