Chapter 21

Chapter 21- Jet

"Guys, have you seen Twig and Momo? They ran off earlier and I can't find them," You asked in a worried tone

"Guys, have you seen Twig and Momo? They ran off earlier and I can't find them," You asked in a worried tone. Twig is never gone for too long, what if something happened to him and Momo? Just then, a loud screech was heard, and it was from Momo. You all ran to a clear patch of forest where you saw cages above you, and where Twig and Momo was.

"Twig!" You shouted as you saw the Tiger Monkey stuck with Momo.
"Hang on you two!" Aang used his airbending to fly to the top of the tree,. He finds the traps' hooks, undid them, and carefully lowered Momo and Twig to the ground where you and the siblings opened it up to free them. Twig hopped on your shoulder as Momo simply ate some berries.

Aang went up to free the Hog Monkeys, but then Sokka used his Boomerang to cut them down. You opened the cages and they ran off. Sokka kneeled down in front of the traps.
"Fire Nation made these, you can tell from the metalwork. We better pack up camp, and get moving." He said as he stood up and you all walked over to Appa to pack up.

"No flying you guys," He said, making you look at him.
"Is there a reason?" You asked him
"Think about it. Somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable." He explained, pointing at the giant bison.
"What? Appa's not too noticeable," Katara defended, but you looked up at her.

"Well, he is a giant white ball of fluff with a giant brown arrow on his with children on the back. I guess people would be suspicious," You told them while patting Appa.
"Sokka's just jealous 'cause he doesn't have an arrow." Aang said to him

"I know you all wanna fly, but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk," Sokka told you guys.
"Who made you the boss?" Katara asked with a smile.
"I'm not the boss, I'm the leader." You raised an eyebrow at him.

"You're the leader? But your voice still cracks," She said as Sokka crossed his arms.
"I'm the oldest, and I'm a warrior, so I'm the leader!" Sokka shouted, his voice cracking.
"If anyone's the leader, it's Aang. I mean he is the Avatar," You nodded at her words as Aang hung upside down.
"Are you kidding, he's just a goofy kid!" Sokka argued while motioning to the Avatar.

"Why do boys always think someone has to be the leader?" Katara groaned.
"Male supremacy Water girl, it's everywhere," You smiled at her, making her scoff.
"I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl," Katara smirked.
"I've kissed a girl, you just haven't met her." Sokka said defensively.
"More like she kissed you," You muttered, remembering Suki, making Sokka elbow you.

"Who? Gran-Gran? I've met Gran-Gran." Katara snickered.
"No! Besides Gran-Gran. Look, my instincts tell me we have a better chance of slipping through on foot, and a leader has to trust his instincts." Sokka explained.
"Okay, we'll try it your way, oh wise leader." She said sarcastically as you rest your arm on Aang's head.

"Who knows? Walking might be fun,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Walking stinks! How do people go anywhere without a flying bison?" Aang whined as you all only walked for 5 minutes.
"Well I don't know, Aang. Why don't you ask Sokka's instincts? They seem to know everything," Katara said with sarcasm.
"Walking is fun, it lets to take in everything around you," You explained while grabbing a leave that fell off a tree.

"I'm tired of carrying this pack." Aang mumbled.
"You know who you should ask to carry it for a while? Sokka's instincts," Katara said as Sokka glared at her.
"Why didn't you let Appa carry it?" You muttered.
"That's a great idea. Hey, Sokka's instincts, would you mind-" He got cut off by Sokka.

"Okay, okay, I get it. Look guys, I'm tired too. But the important thing is that we're safe from the Fire... Nation," Sokka trailed off as you went through a bush and walked straight into a Fire Nation campsite.
"Run!" You all dropped your bags and ran away, but then the soldiers shot fire in front of you
"We're blocked in," You said as you noticed Sokka's arm on fire.

Katara clears the fire with the water in her pouch as the soldiers cornered you.
"If you let us pass, we promise not to hurt you." Sokka said sternly as you lifted some rocks, ready to throw at them.
"You promise not to hurt us?" The eye patch soldier asked, then he suddenly got knocked out.

"Nice work, Sokka! How'd you do that?" Aang asked him.
"Uhhh, instinct?" He guessed. Then, a man with hook swords, and he jumped  and took down two soldiers. He ran forward and took down two more using his hook swords.
"Down you go," He smirked. You watched with starry eyes as he took down another man.

A young boy landed on top of a soldier and turned his helmet around to blind him, before riding him around while laughing. Another boy launched arrows at the soldiers while more boys come out of the trees. You quickly launched rocks at soldiers' heads, and flipping one over your shoulder as he tried to grab you. You saw Sokka getting annoyed by the guy, making you snicker until you saw a man sneaking up behind him.

"Yo watch out!" You quickly jumped over and pushed the soldier down with a boulder you levitated. You grinned and looked up to see the guy standing above you.
"Hey," He said, a twig in his mouth.
"How's it going?" You asked, as all of the soldiers ran away.
"You just took out a whole army almost single-handed!" Aang said in amazement.

"Army? There were only like, twenty guys," Sokka scoffed.
"My name is Jet, and these are my Freedom Fighters, Sneers, Longshot, Smellerbee, The Duke, and Pipsqueak." The boy, now known as Jet said.
"Well, my name is (Y/N), and these are the gaang, Sokka, Katara, and Aang," You smiled at him.

"Beautiful name,"

"I know, Aang does have a beautiful name,"

"(Y/N)-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat on one of the logs as the Freedom Fighters were raiding the camp.
"Umm, thanks for saving us Jet. We're lucky you were there." Katara said as she walked to Jet.
"I should be thanking you. We were waiting to ambush those soldiers all morning, we just needed the right distraction, and then you guys stumbled in." Jet chuckled.

"We were relying on instinct," She said while eyeing Sokka.
"You'll get yourself killed doing that." He shrugged, making you shake your head.
"Instinct is an important survival skill Sokka. I mean, I relied on my instincts for years and look at me, I'm fine!" You smiled with dirt and scratches on your face, making him smile.

"Hey Jet, these barrels are filled of blasting jelly." The Duke yelled out.
"That's a great score," Jet said.
"And these boxes are filled with jelly candy!" Pipsqueak smiled holding up a box.
"Also good, let's not get those mixed up." Jet told them.

"We'll take this stuff back to the hideout." The Duke said as the others packed up a cart with the goods.
"You guys have a hideout?" Aang asked with amazement.
"You wanna see it?" You shrugged as Twig latched onto your leg.
"Yes, we wanna see it!" Katara said excitedly. You felt a twinge in your chest, not liking the way Katara is being with Jet, but you shook it away

'Probably nothing,'