Chapter 13

Chapter 13- Great Reunion, Bad timing

Needless to say, The Boulder had himself handed by Toph, who didn't even used her full strength, which made you shout with a cheer

"Your winner, and still the champion, the Blind Bandit!" You and the crowd cheered as Sokka sulked at the defeat of The Boulder.

"How did she do that?" Katara asked as you and Aang peered down with a smile.
"She waited," Aang mumbled.
"And listened," You finished, feeling happy that Toph is still kicking butt. Then, Xin Fu jumped down and help up a bag full of gold.

"To make things a little more interesting, I'm offering up this sack of gold pieces to anyone who can defeat the Blind Bandit!" As much as you wanted to go down and either fight or talk to Toph, you knew better than you be near the ring.

"What? No one dares to face her?" Xin Fu mocked, but then Aang stood up, making you tilt your head at what he was going to do.
"I will!" Now this will be interesting, but you were a little worried that he might actually defeat Toph.
'This arena means so much to her,' You thought as Aang and Toph stood in the ring.

"Go Aang! Avenge The Boulder!" Sokka cheered, but you were on the edge of your seat. The battle started and Toph immediately attacked as Aang took a step to talk to her, but he floated to avoid being knock off. You bit your finger as Toph attacked again and was searching for Aang as he kept on floating.
"Please wait-" Aang pleaded with her.

"There you are," Toph grinned and sent a boulder towards him, which he dodged and sent a gust of wind at Toph, which caught her off guard and sent her out of the ring. You and the crown was silent as Katara and Sokka smiled at Aang's victory, but you had a look of shock and slight disappointment.

Soon, everyone cheered and Aang jumped off the gin to go after Toph, who angrily marched off. You shook away your shock and ran down to find her, but she was already gone.
'Dang it,' You scolded yourself that you didn't just go and talk to Toph, but was soon pulled by Sokka as the four of you stood in the ring with the belt and prize.

'Sorry Toph,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were a bit out of it for the day as you just followed the Gaang to wherever they went, which was apparently the training school. It was mainly because of Toph losing, but also because of lack of sleep due to thinking about what you're going to say to Toph.

"No, no, I-I swear it's true. No one knows where she goes, or who she really is!" A boy from the other day explained quickly to Katara, making you look up and crossed your arms, leaning against the door entrance.

"I mean, if only someone knew her personally and was the Earthbender that they mentioned several times about how awesome she was," You trailed off, giving a small grin as they looked at you in disbelief.
"You knew her all along? Why didn't you tell us?!" Sokka groaned, throwing his arms out in exasperation.