Chapter 22

Chapter 22- Ex? Who Says Y'all Are Exes? Not Me That's For Sure

"Look Momo, when tiger monkeys reach adulthood, their fangs grow larger and claws sharper, then males fight in order to become leader," You told the lemur as you showed him the scroll you took from the library

"Look Momo, when tiger monkeys reach adulthood, their fangs grow larger and claws sharper, then males fight in order to become leader," You told the lemur as you showed him the scroll you took from the library. It's been a few days after the desert incident, and you still haven't been fully yourself since Twig went missing, but you were getting better.

You and the Gaang camped near a waterfall, with Aang, Katara, and Toph playing in the water while you and Sokka were looking at the scrolls.
"Waterbending bomb!" Katara shouted from the cliff and jumped down
"Sure, five thousand year-old maps from the spirit library. Just splash some water on 'em," Sokka said sarcastically, making you smile a little as Katara took the water out of the paper.

Sokka started to explained the route, but you were too busy reading off features and skills a tiger monkey could do, wanting to see if there was any way to call a tiger monkey.
"Besides, if there's anyone to worry about, it's (Y/N)," You looked up from your scroll to see them looking at you, a little startled at the sudden attention but gave them a small wave off.

"Hey, it's okay for the both of us. I'm feeling better, and Aang is too," You said as they still had a worried look.
"Are you sure?" Sokka asked.
"I'm fine guys, really," You gave them a small smile, making them hesitant, which made you sigh and set down your scroll.

"Look, it's hard to explain, but I hate being alone, everyone leaving me and it makes me very anxious and I freeze every time. Twig was always there to comfort me, always nuzzling me and cooing at me whenever I feel like freezing up or when I can't breathe," You explained and traced a finger against the dirt.

"I don't know what it's called, but I don't want people leaving me alone, that I panic when I do. Twig was there to never make me feel like that... but I have you guys, and I know Twig is not alone either he has Appa, so there's still hope for the both of us," You said as Aang gave you a small smile.
"Well, I'm glad you're both doing better," Katara smiled as Sokka picked up his things.

"Then to Ba Sing Se we go. No more distractions," He said, but then you heard people behind you all.
"Hello there, fellow refugees!" A man said with two woman behind him. They introduced himself as Than and his wife Ying and their daughter.

"So, you guys are headed to Ba Sing Se, too?" You asked as you placed your scrolls on your belt strap.
"Sure are. We're trying to get there before my wife Ying has her baby," Than explained as you popped open your water pouch to drink.
"Great! We can travel through the Serpent's Pass together," The moment Katara said that, your eyes widen and you spat out your water.

"The Serpent's Pass? Only the truly desperate take that deadly route!" Ying said with slight fear.
"Really?! Even I don't go there," You mangaged to say through your coughing.
"Well, we are desperate," Sokka groaned as Toph punched him in the arm.
"You should come with us to Full Moon Bay. Ferries take refugees across the lake. It's the fastest way to Ba Sing Se," Than suggested.