Chapter 40

Chapter 40- Temple Flight

"Hold her down!!" A gruff and harsh voice spat out, you yelled in pain as the Helmsmen tightly gripped your arms

"Hold her down!!" A gruff and harsh voice spat out, you yelled in pain as the Helmsmen tightly gripped your arms. You looked absolutely awful, clothes dirty, hair dripped with sweat and bruises all over your arms and legs.
"No need for that gentlemen," A familiar calm, but stern voice echoed in your ears, making you freeze in fear.

"General?" One said, awed that the little kid that managed to take down 15 helmsmen with tied hands, stopped by his voice.
"Understand this. This kid listens in one language," Zhao grinned darkly, taking one step forward, making you shake, scrambling away from the man who caused more pain than you ever felt.

"Did you bring the iron stamp?" He asked a helmsman next to him, who nodded and held out the iron rod out, scolding red with heat. Your eyes widen and you ripped your arm out of a helmsmen's grasp.
"NO!! NO!! LET ME GO!! LET ME GO YOU MONSTER!!" You screamed, thrashing around as Zhao grabbed your arm and fold it behind your back.

"Don't worry, this will only sting," He darkly laughed as he pulled your sleeve up to reveal or arm, and the helmsman lifted the rod up, and you started to cry even more.

"STOP!!"

"NO NO NO!!"

"PLEASE!!"

"(B/N)!! I WONT DO IT AGAIN!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" You jumped at the voice of Katara, who poked you with concern. You four were currently around a small campfire, as a storyteller were talking about Airbender stories and Tsing sleeping on your lap.
"U-uh yeah! Don't worry, I was just thinking about what I was going to eat later," You lied, giving them a  grin and a thumbs up.

Katara blushed and nodded as Aang gave a smile, and Sokka was drifting asleep.
"Jingle jingle," The storyteller said, shaking his bag for money. Sokka took out nothing but bugs and a beetle, shrugging as the man walked away mumbling. You rubbed your shoulders nervously, tapping your leg up and down to calm yourselves.

"(Y/N), are you sure you're okay? You seem a little pale," Katara said, worried about you.
"Like I said, I'm fine, really!" You smiled, and then patted her on the shoulder. That seemed to convince her as she nodded and look away.

"What are you prattling about, child? Great Grandpappy saw the air walkers last week," You heard the storyteller say, making you look up to see Aang with a shock expression, and then a smile of hope came across his face.

"Guys, pack up! We're going to the Northern Air Temple!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You petted Twig's head as you saw countless of clouds and far away mountains on Appa's back.
"Hey, we're almost at the Northern Air Temple. This is where they had the championships for Sky Bison polo." Aang explained with excitement.
"Do you think we'll really find airbenders?" Katara asked you and her brother.