Chapter 5

Chapter 5- Old Faces and Memories

"I can't believe it. I know the War has spread far, but Omashu always seemed... untouchable," Aang mumbled in despair.
"It was... now Ba Sing Se is the only Earth Kingdom stronghold left," You replied with a glare at the Fire Nation.
'Even after all I've been through, I just... want to wish that my family is safe, I want Ba Song Se to be the safest place there is. Even after what they did,' You thought.

"This is horrible, but we have to move on," Katara tried to place a hand on your shoulder, but Aang grabbed your hand to move forward.
"No, I'm going in to find Bumi," He said with determination.
"Aang, stop. We don't even know if Bumi's still-" You elbowed Sokka in the side to make him stop touching.

"What Boomerang means, is that Bumi isn't someone who just gets defeated so easily, something must've happened to him," You sighed, rubbing your arms.
"I know you had your heart set on Bumi, but there are other people who can teach you earthbending. Maybe (Y/N) can!" You immediately shook your head at Katara's suggestion.

"M-me? No no, like I said before Water girl, my lavabending is more complicated, a-and I just can't teach Earthbending, it's not one of my skills," You explained, feeing small at your stammering, but Aang shook his hand

"This isn't about finding a teacher, this is about finding my friend,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Underneath the walls of Omashu, Aang was trying to pry off a lid that led to a sewer.
"A secret passage? Why didn't we just use this last time?" Sokka complained, but then the moment the lid opened, sewage poured out, the smel made Teig gag and cough.

You all jumped in, and you used rocks to made a shield in front of you so you wouldn't get douced in sewage, you wouldn't say the same with Sokka. You eventually made it up to the surface and you made sure Twig wasn't dirty.
"That wasn't as bad as I thought," Katara smiled, but then Sokka emerged from the sewer covered in sewage, making Katara wash him off with water.

As he dried off, there were pentapus stuck to his face, making him scream.
"They won't let go!" You got tired of him screaming so you leg sweeper him and covered his mouth.
"If you keep screaming, I'll have no trouble of throwing you off a cliff Boomerang," You said with a serious, yet joking tone, making him nod quickly.

"It's just a purple pentapus," You petted one on its head, and it curled up its tentacles. Sokka did the same with the others and all he had were welts by the suction.
"Hey! What are you kids doing out past curfew?" You all froze at the new voices, and you saw Fire Nation soldiers walking up to you.

You quickly pulled up the cloak you had with Aang wrapping up his head, and Twig hiding behind you.
"Sorry, we were just on our way home," Katara meekly said and you all turned to walk away, but the soldier noticed the welts on Sokka.