Chapter 25

Chapter 25- Hitting Hard

The two groups of people and the gaang were climbing down into the canyon

The two groups of people and the gaang were climbing down into the canyon. The tour guide earthbends to form a bridge in a gap in the path.
"Awesome bending sir," You smiled as you walked along side him.
"The job's much more than bending, kid. Folks want information." The tour guide said as he turned around.

"Many of you are probably wondering how canyons are formed. Experts tell us this canyon was most likely carved into the ground by earth spirits who were angry at local farmers for not offering them a proper sacrifice." He explained, making you go awe. Sure you've been in the Great Divide before, but merely walking straight through, but getting to learn about the land.

Suddenly, there was an avalanche of rocks coming your way. The tour guide bended them so they wouldn't fall on you all. And he just laughed.
"Guess the spirits are still angry! Hope you all brought sacrifices." He joked as he continued walking. You slightly laughed at his humor and continued down the canyon, and stopped on a clear path.
"Okay, everyone stand clear of the wall." He said, levitating two boulders and throwing them up to crash into the bridge he made earlier.

"Why'd you do that?" Aang asked him.
"These people are fleeing the Fire Nation, aren't they? Gotta make sure we can't be followed. We'll be safe now." As soon as the tour guide said that, something grabbed him and lifted him up. Aang blew the dust away and saw a giant creature.
"We gotta help him!" Sokka yelled as he threw his boomerang at the creature, which dropped the tour guide and came after Sokka instead.
"Okay, now we gotta help me!" He shouted in fear. Katara comes to his aid and does a water whip on the creature, but she is quickly thrown aside.

You whistled for Twig to run as you lifted a boulder and threw it at the creature, who dodged it and grabbed you with its mouth. You yelled as it was about to eat you.
"Watch out!" Aang yelled as he uses his bending to lift it up with a tornado. The creature swung you around and dropped you. You felt the ground hit your back, and a rock on your head. You groaned as all you could see was black dots.

"(Y/N)!!" Was all you heard before blacking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You groaned in pain as you felt something licking your face. You opened your eyes to see Twig and Momo looking down at you.
"(Y/N), you're awake!" You heard Aang say in relief.
"What happened? My head hurts," You muttered while rubbing your head, feeling bandages wrapped around it.

"That Canyon Crawler dropped you and you blacked out once you hit the floor," He explained while looking down at the cliff.
"Where are the others?" You wondered looking around, noticing it's night time.
"They were arguing even more since the tour guide broke his arms, so I divided them into separate paths so it'll be easier. Sokka and Katara are supervising them," He explained.

"Hmm," You hummed as Twig laid on your lap.
"Sure would be nice to be sitting around one of those campfires, telling stories and laughing." Aang sighed.
"Eh, you'll get used to it," You said laying your head down carefully.
"Lonely isn't it, being impartial?" You two turned to see the tour guide limping towards you.

"I wish I could help these people get along, but it just seems impossible. Anyhow, I guess our biggest problem is getting out of here." Aang told you.
"I'm not so sure the two problems are unrelated." He said sitting down. You gave Aang a reassuring smile as he laid next to you. You closed your eyes and hugged Twig as you closed your eyes.

'Like I said, adults acting like children,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daytime, and the tour guide was in front as you carefully slid down.
"Come on, I got you," Aang said as you grabbed your hand as led you down.
"You gotta keep that bandage on for a while, there was a lot of blood," He shivered, making you snort.

"Do you think you can bend?" He asked you as you squinted at the sun.
"Still dizzy, I don't think I can," You apologized to him.
"All clear, we're almost to the other side." He shouted.

"Katara, Sokka, (Y/N) is awake. Will these people cooperate long enough to get out of the canyon?" Aang asked them.
"I don't think so, Aang, the Zhangs really wronged the Gan Jins. They ambushed Jin Wei and stole the sacred orb." Katara said in anger.
"Huh?" You questioned.
"What are you talking about?" Aang asked her.

"Yeah Katara, what are you talking about? Wei Jin didn't steal the orb, he was returning it to their village gate and was wrongfully punished by the Gan Jin." Sokka glared at her.
"Not punished enough if you ask me." The two then had a stare down, making you sigh at their antics.
"Okay, okay I get it! Now I need your help, I need everyone together at the base of the canyon wall." And then Aang used his glider to fly over to the groups as you walked down with Twig in your arms.

"Please everyone, as soon as we get out of here we can eat and then go our separate ways, but I need you all to put your heads together and figure out a way up this cliff." Aang said as the two groups argued.
"Maybe the Zhang can climb the wall with their long disgusting fingernails." Gan Jin leader scoffed.
"Oh sorry, I forgot that to the Gan Jin unclipped fingernails is a crime punishable by twenty years in jail!" Zhang yelled.

The reined argued once again, with Sokka and Katara joining in too.
"These loud noises are irritating me," You muttered while covering your ears.
"Guys, focus! How many times do I have to say it? Harsh words won't solve problems, action will!" Aang shouted at them.
"Perhaps the Avatar is right." Zhang mumbled.

"Yes, perhaps he is." Aang smiled brightly at this.
"Harsh words will never solve our problems." Zhang leader drew a sword out.
"Action will!" Gan Jin drew his and they clashed their swords.
"To the death! And let this be the end of this rivalry!" Gan Jin stated.
"You know, I take it back. Harsh words aren't so bad!" Aang tried to reason, but they started to fight again.

Aang then blew them apart with a strong gust of air. The two tribes go flying backward, revealing a large amount of hidden food.
"Uh oh, that's a no no," You said while looking at Aang, who had his jaw open.
"Is that ... food? Everyone smuggled food down here? Unbelievable! You guys put our lives in danger because you couldn't go without a snack for a day? You're all awful!" He shouted, then glanced at a tart.

"So hungry. Is that an egg custard in that tart?" He asked meekly. Then you heard noises behind you, making you turn and see Canyon Crawlers, and there were more than usual.
"Oh great," You groaned as you tried to bend a boulder, but your head started to hurt.

"Dammit,"