Chapter 27

Chapter 27- Storm Brewing

You groaned as you felt pressure on your stomach

"Hmm? Is the Platypus bear coming with the honey?" You muttered while yawning. It was night as you were woken up by Momo jumping on your stomach.
"It's nothing. I just had a bad dream. Go back to sleep." Aang apologized and turned to lay on his side.

"Righty great one," You sighed and laid on your side.
"Are you all right, Aang?" Katara asked him.
"It's okay," Aang said.
"You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately. You want to tell me about it?" She questioned.
"I think I just need some rest." He simply said.

"You guys want to hear about my dream? It was about a giant lion turtle who can speak,"

"Go back to sleep (Y/N),"

"Okay,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look at those clear skies, buddy! Should be some smooth flying." Aang said as he looked at the sky.
"Well, we better smoothly fly ourselves to a market, 'cause we're out of food." Katara explained as she shook an empty bag.
"Guys, wait. This was in my dream. We shouldn't go to the market." Sokka suddenly said.

"Reason? An evil man showing up?" You swayed a little.
"Food eats people!" Sokka said while wiggling his fingers. Katara and Aang looked at him an unamused look as you just giggled.
"Also, Momo could talk. You said some very unkind things." Sokka glared at the lemur.

"Momo can say a lot of mean things, but Twig can say wise things,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You leaned against a post as you and the gaang were at a seaside hamlet built on the side of a cliff face. Katara, who stands in front of a small merchants' stand, suspiciously eying a watermelon.
"Ahhh, it's good. It's perfect, I'm telling you!" The merchant woman scowled.

"I don't know if I like the sound of that swishing." Katara said shaking the melon.
"Nah, a good swish. Swish swish like a wave," You smiled as you moved your arms.
"Man, I like you even more when you have a concussion," Sokka smiled at you.
"I just realized we're out of money anyway." The merchant scowled and took the basket away from Sokka.

She kicked him as you all walked away.
"Out of food and out of money. Now what are we supposed to do?" Sokka whined.
"You could get a job, smart guy." Katara raised an eyebrow at him.
"We shouldn't go out there! Please, the fish can wait. There's going to be a terrible storm." A woman shouted at a man. You noticed Aang having a scared look, which made you placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Storms are nothing against me! I'm powerful!" You boldly said, then tripping down.
"You're crazy. It's a nice day. No clouds, no winds, no nothing. So quit your nagging, woman." The man said to her.
"Maybe we should find some shelter?" Aang suggested.
"Are you kidding? Shelter from what?" Sokka asked motioning to the clear sky.

"My joints say there's going to be a storm! A bad one." The woman told the man.
"Well, it's your joints against my brain." The man huffed.
"Then I hope your brain can find someone else to haul that fish, 'cause I ain't comin'." The woman said.
"Then I'll find a new fish hauler and pay him double what you get! How do you like that?" The man shouted.

Sokka then walked up to them.
"I'll go." He smiled.
"You're hired!" The mans pointed at him. You cheered at his achievement, and Sokka turned to you three.
"What? You said get a job, and he's paying double." Sokka smiled.

"Double? Who told you that nonsense?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sokka, maybe this isn't such a good idea. Look at the sky." Aang said while rubbing his arm as you laid on top of Appa with Twig and Momo.
"I said I was going to do this job. I can't back out just because of some bad weather." Sokka argued.
"The boy with the tattoos has some sense. You should listen to him!" The woman told her husband.

"Boy with tattoos?" The man turned to look at Aang closely.
"Airbender tattoos. Well, I'll be a hog monkey's uncle. You're the Avatar, ain't ya?" He asked him.
"Yeppity! The one and only!" You shouted from your spot, rubbing your bandaged head.

"Well, don't be so smiley about it. The Avatar disappeared for a hundred years! You turned your back on the world!" The man shouted, making you frown at his words.
"Don't yell at him! Aang would never turn his back on anyone." Katara defended him.
"Oh, he wouldn't, huh? Then I guess I must have imagined the last hundred years of war and suffering," The man scoffed.

"Aang is the bravest person I know. He's done nothing but help people and save lives since I met him." Katara scowled.
"Yeah! He's kind and awesome! And a little childish, but he's still cool in my book," You grinned and laid on your stomach looking at them.

"It's not his fault he disappeared, right Aang?" Katara turned around to see Aang slowly backing away.
"Aang, what's wrong?" The Avatar took his glider out and flew away.
"That's right! Keep flying!" The man shouted.

"You're a horrible old man!" Katara glared and hopped on Appa.
"Yippity yippity Appa baby!" You cheered as he flew off to find Aang.

"What a strange girl,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Katara were flying around, trying to look for Aang, then Katara spotted a cave nearby.
"He's gotta be there," She said, leading Appa there. You both were outside the cave and Aang sitting alone inside, surrounded by darkness.
"I'm sorry for running away." He apologized, not looking at you two.
"It's okay. That fisherman was way out of line." Katara sighed walking towards him.

"Mhm, such a mean mean man," You muttered as Twig sat on top of your head.
"Actually, he wasn't." Aang confessed.
"What do you mean?" Katara asked a little surprised.
"I don't want to talk about it." He said looking down at the ground.
"Is it because of your little dreams air boy?" You yawned as you leaned against the wall.

"Well, it's kind of a long story." He said, Momo hopping on his head and Appa walking in, soaking wet.
"I'm going to try to get a little fire going." Katara said while getting up to find sticks.
"I'll help with my lava," You gave a dopey smile as you lifted a rock, trying to make it into lava, but then Katara quickly pushed your hand down.

"Let me do it (Y/N)," She smiled at you, making you puff your cheeks out.
"Okay," She eventually did make a fire and you all were huddled close.

"Alright, we're ready,"