Chapter 31

Chapter 31- Aunt Wu

You stared at the rock in your hands

You stared at the rock in your hands. You were struggling, trying to make it into lava, but it just wouldn't budge.
"Ugh! This sucks!" You said as you fell on your back.
"Don't worry (Y/N). You'll be able to Lavabend soon. It's only a matter of time," Katara said encouragingly, making you give her thumbs up and continue to stare at the sky.

"Look!" You heard Katara shout as you turned your head to see a green fish jumping in and out of the lake.
"He's taunting us! You are so going to be dinner!" Sokka yelled as he grabbed his fishing rod, but there wasn't any string on it.
"Hey, where's the fishing line?" He asked looking around.
"Oh, I didn't think you would need it, Sokka." Aang said while holding something in his hands.

"Aw, it's all tangled!" Sokka whined.
"Not tangled. Woven! I made you a necklace, Katara. I thought since you lost your other one," Aang smiled, holding up the necklace.
"Ain't that sweet?" You said, your voice muffled as you now laid face down on the dirt.
"Thanks Aang, I love it," Katara said, taking it.

"Great, Aang. Maybe instead of saving the world, you can go into the jewelry-making business," Sokka retorted sarcastically.
"I don't see why I can't do both." Aang shrugged. Sokka then ran into the water, trying to catch the fish as you rolled over and sat up. Twig nuzzled his face against you, making you smile and let his head.
"So, how do I look?" You turned to Katara, and smiled brightly at her.

"You look awesome water girl," You gave her finger guns, making her blush and smile.
"You mean, all of you or just your neck? I mean, because they both look great!" Aang tried to flirt, but he got to embarrassed.
'Aww, air boy like her. That's sweet, I wonder if she likes him back,' You thought as you stood up walk over.
"Smoochie, smoochie, someone's in love!" Sokka mocked, and the fish he caught slapped him in the face.

"Stop teasing him, Sokka. Aang's just a good friend. A sweet, little guy! Just like Momo." Katara smiled as she pet Momo.
'Ooooo, that's gotta hurt. Sorry Air boy.' You looked at Aang, who deflated at her words. There was a sudden growl and Aang jumped an a rock to see what it was.
"Someone's being attacked by a platypus bear!" He shouted, making you three run over to see a man dodging the platypus bear.

"Well, hello there! Nice day, isn't it?" The man smiled, dodging another swipe from the beast.
"Make noise! He'll run off!" Aang shouted as you tilted your head at the man's calmness.
"No, play dead! He'll lose interest!" Sokka interrupted.

The man laughed as he ducked from the claw of the platypus bear.
"Run downhill, then climb a tree!" Katara informed him.
"No, punch him in the bill!" Sokka said while making a punching motion.
"And then run in zig-zags!" Aang yelled.
"Uhhh, guys I don't think he's in trouble," You told them.
"Indeed young lady, it's going to be fine!" The man said, taking a side step from the claws.

Aang jumped over in front of the man, making a gust of wind. As the platypus bear roared, Appa showed up behind it and roared louder. The beast laid an egg in fear and waddled back into the water.
"Mmm, lunch! Lucky for you, we came along." Sokka said, picking up the egg.
"Thanks, but everything was already under control. Not to worry. Aunt Wu predicted I'd have a safe journey." The man reassured you guys.

"Aunt who?" You asked, a little confused.
"No, Aunt Wu. She's the fortuneteller from my village. Awful nice knowing your future." He explained.
"Wow, it must be. That explains why you were so calm," Katara said with a smile.
"But the fortuneteller was wrong! You didn't have a safe journey; you were almost killed!" Sokka argued.
"But I wasn't! All right, have a good one!" As the man walked away, he turned.
"Oh, and Aunt Wu said if I met any travelers to give them this." He gave a package to Aang and left.

"Maybe we should go see Aunt Wu and learn our fortunes. It could be fun." Katara suggested.
"Sounds really awesome," You piped in as you watched Aang rip the package open.
"Oh, come on. Fortune telling is nonsense!" Sokka scoffed.
"What do you know? An umbrella!" Aang said opening the umbrella and had it over his head. Just then, rain came pouring down and Aang pulled you close by the waist.

"That proves it," Katara said using her bending to cover herself.
"No, it doesn't! You can't really tell the future!" Sokka argued as he used his egg to cover himself.
"I guess you're not really getting wet then." Katara said smugly. Sokka then loses his grip from his egg and it fell on his head, cracking it and spilling all over.

"Of course she predicted it was going to rain. The sky's been gray all day!" He tried to reason as you held Twig away from the rain, since it gets his fur all mangy and he can't get around fast.
"Just admit you might be wrong, and you can come under the umbrella." Katara told him.
"Come on Boomerang, it's fun to see what will happen in your life," You said looking at him.

"Look, I'm going to predict the future now. It's going to keep drizzling." Sokka said in an exaggerated tone. It kept raining as he stood there.
"See?" Suddenly the rain stopped and Twig jumped from your arms.
"Not everyone has the gift, Sokka." Aang said, taking the umbrella down.

You gave Sokka a pat on the back as you all made your way into the village the man went into, and walked pass some turkey ducks.
"Aunt Wu is expecting you." A man with white hair said opening the door.
"Woah," You said in awe. Sure, you've been through the entire land, but fortune telling will always please you.

The inside seems really nice as a young girl in a pink outfit walked up.
"My name is Meng and I'm Aunt Wu's assistant." The girl smiled, then stared at Aang.
'Little kid crush, that's cute,' You thought as Aang looked around.
"Well, hello there." She said as Aang rubbed his nose.
"Hello," He said unbothered.

"Can I get you some tea or some of Aunt Wu's special bean curd puffs?" Meng asked as you sat down on a pillow.
"I'll take a curd puff!" Sokka smiled, but was dismissed my Meng.
"So what's your name?" She asked the Avatar.
"Aang," He bluntly said.
"That rhymes with Meng! And you've got some pretty big ears, don't you?" She said as you softly laughed.

Aang covered his ears after Sokka's statement as Meng stood up
"Well, Aang, it was very nice to meet you." She smiled and turned to walk away.
"I can't believe we're here in the house of nonsense." Sokka sighed.
"Try to keep an open mind, Sokka. There are things in this world that just can't be explained. Wouldn't it be nice to have some insight into your future?" Katara asked him.

"It would be nice to have some bean curd puffs." He shrugged as Meng walked up with curd puffs, but tripped. Aang helped her as she embarrassedly got up to walk away again. Sokka took the plate, in which you grabbed a puff too as a woman in yellow walked out of a room.
"Welcome, young travelers. Now, who's next? Don't be shy." She smiled softly.

'That must be Aunt Wu,' You thought as you saw no one get up.
"Uhh? I'll go, then Katara," You shrugged as you got up. You followed her as you both entered a room. You sat down in front of her.

"So my dear, what would you like to know in the future?"