Chapter 21

Chapter 21- Coming To Terms

"Come on, get up. We need to go," You rubbed your eyes as everyone started to wake up, other than Aang, who didn't sleep at all.
"Yesterday my mouth tasted like mud. Now it just tastes like sand. I never thought I'd miss the taste of mud so much," Toph said while smacking her lips.

You just stood up and grabbed the sleeve of Toph's shirt, making her pat your back.
"Appa!" Aang suddenly shouted with a smile, making you look up in the sky.
"Appa‌? But why would Princess Yue need him‌? She's the moon! She flies by herself! Am I right (Y/N)?" He smiled at you, making you nod a little

"It's just a cloud, wait... A cloud!" Katara said and handed Aang her pouch.
"Here, fly up and bend the water from that cloud into my pouch," Aang swiped the pouch with anger and flew up to catch any water from the cloud.

"Wow, there's hardly any in here," Katara mumbled while holding the pouch.
"I'm sorry, okay! It's a desert cloud, I did all I could! What's anyone else doing?! What are you doing‌?!" Aang shouted with anger.
"Not even (Y/N) is looking for Twig or Appa!! Do you even care for your tiger monkey?! Why aren't you doing any-"

SMASH

Everyone looked in shock as you smashed the cactus on top of Aang's head, with no prediction that you were gonna do it. Even Aang looked shocked, and you just stared at him with lost eyes. They were slightly red from you crying, and the bags under your eyes for more visible.
"Twig... wants me to be calm... so shut up," You muttered, finally saying something after the whole library incident.

Turning, you slumped away and grabbed onto Katara's sleeve, making her look at you and Aang, before sighing. Aang slowly pushed the cactus form his head, and walked with everyone else, but then Toph tripped over something hard.
"Ow! Crud! I am so sick of not feeling where I'm going! And what idiot buried a boat in the middle of the desert‌?!" She growled and kicked the object.

"A boat?" Mataram said and felt the wood.
"Believe me, I kicked it hard enough to feel plenty of vibrations," Toph muttered, and Aang shot a gust of wind to reveal the entire thing.
"It's one of the gliders the sandbenders use! And look! It's got some kind of compass on it! I bet it can point us out of here!" Katara smiled as you tapped the compass.

"Aang, you can bend a breeze so we can sail it. We're going to make it!" Everyone got on the glider and Aang sailed throughout the desert, where you also laid against the floorboard.
"The needle on this compass doesn't seem to be pointing north according to my charts," Katara mumbled.

"Because it's not..." You mumbled, tracing a finger against the floor while still holding onto Katara's clothes. As Katara was about to ask you what you meant, in front of the glider was a giant Boulder like structure.
"That's what the compass is pointing to! That giant rock! It must be the magnetic center of the desert," Katara said and pulled you up.