Chapter 18

Chapter 18- Trip Through The Desert

"Sorry to break it to ya Air monk, but this place

"Sorry to break it to ya Air monk, but this place... kinda stinks," You blankly said as you all stared up at the "ice spring" that Katara chose for her mini-vacation, was nothing but a block of ice that was melting.
"Must've changed ownership since I was here," Aang weakly chuckled, and you all walked through the town.

"There's a place to sit around," You pointed out and as you walked passed some sandbenders, one spit at Sokka, barely missing him. You spat back, grisly lowly and pulled Sokka inside.
"You gotta be careful with those kinds of benders Boomerang, nothing but cruel thieves," You whispered to him, and looked around.

"I don't see anything wrong with having one of those fruity beverages while we plan our strategy," Sokka said and motioned to a ice cup with mango juice. A man who ordered the mango drink turned to walk away, but he accidentally bumped into Aang.
"No worries, I clean up easy," He smiled and used his bending to clean himself up.

"You're a living relic," The man gasped.
"Thanks, I try," Aang smiled and shrugged.
"An Air Nomad, right in front of me. Professor Zei, head of anthropology at Ba Sing Se University," Zei proceeded to ask Aang a bunch of questions, all the while examining him closely, making you snort.

"So Professor, you're obviously a well-traveled guy. Do you have a more current map? Ours seems to be a little dated," You asked him while shaking the map slightly.
"Certainly," Zei smiled and showed you all multiple maps, but none with Fire Nation.
"What, no Fire Nation? Doesn't anybody have a good map of that place?" Sokka whined, but tilt his head to face you.

"(Y/N), please tell me you know the Fire Nation inside and out," He asked, but you just shook your head.
"No dice Boomerang, I don't exactly have a photographic memory, and it's been a long time since I've been there," You apologized and Sokka sighed.

"You've made a lot of trips into the desert," Katara noted and traced her finger on the desert map.
"All in vain, I'm afraid. I've found lost civilizations all over the Earth Kingdom, but I haven't managed to find the crown jewel: Wan Shi Tong's Library," Zei excitedly explained.

"You spent years walking through the desert to find some guy's library?" Toph raised and eyebrow.
"This library is more valuable than gold, little lady. It is said to contain a vast collection of knowledge, and knowledge is priceless," Zei smiled, making Toph hum.

"Hmm, sounds like good times," You snorted at Toph's words as Twig secretly grabbed bits of mangos from Aang's cup.
"Oh, it is. According to legend, it was built by the great Knowledge Spirit, Wan Shi Tong, with the help of his "foxy" knowledge seekers," Zei told you all as you raised an eyebrow.

"Foxy seekers? If you mean attractive, how attractive are we talking about?" You grinned mischievously, but then felt the jealous glares of the Gaang, so you quickly closed your mouth.
"Wan Shi Tong and his knowledge seekers collected books from all over the world, and put them on display for mankind to read, so that we might better ourselves," What Zei said made Sokka think for a moment.