Chapter 7

Chapter 7 The Love Interests Are Fighting Again

"Where did you guys get the money to buy all this stuff?" Katara asked you four as you made your way to camp

"Toph got us money. She scammed one of those guys in town who moves the shells around all sneaky-like," Aang explained, and you gave Twig some meat, which caused the colony to tackle you for food.

"She used earthbending to win the game! Classic!" Sokka grinned.
"Ah, so she cheated," Katara raised an eyebrow.
"Hey! I only cheated because he was cheating! I cheated a cheater. What's wrong with that?" Toph shrugged as you pushed the colony off and gave them meat too.

"I'm just saying this isn't something we should make a habit of doing," Katara told her.
"Why? Because it's fun? And you hate fun?" Toph crossed her arms.
"I don't hate fun!" The waterbender picked up Momo and placed him on her head.

"See? Fun!" Momo slid off and ran to Appa.
'Roku, I love her,' You thought with a smile.
"Katara, I'll personally make you an Avatar Promise that we won't make a habit of doing these scams," Aang told her.

'You know, like a liar,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And with that, you four went on a scamming spree, outscamming people and earning money. You gotta admit, it felt like the times back when it was just you and Twig.

"Guys, I think these scams have gone far enough. If you keep doing them, something bad is gonna happen," Katara said sternly as you were laying on the floor.
"Could you for once stop being such a sourpuss and just lighten up?" Toph sighed.

"Oh, I'm sorry! You think I should be more like you? Like some wild child?" She glared at the blind girl and threw a silver piece on the ground, which Twig caught it.
"Yeah! Maybe! Maybe then you'd see how great we have it! I mean, look at us! We're traveling around the world! Making easy money! Having fun! With no parents to tell us what to do!" Toph argued back.

"I see. You're acting like this because of your parents," You paused on her words, glancing at Toph.
"Whatever," Toph scoffed.
"They were controlling over you, so you ran away, and now you act like your parents don't exist. You act like you hate them, but you don't. You just feel guilty," Katara told her.

"I do hate them," Toph argued.
"I don't think so. I think you miss them, but you just don't wanna deal with that, so instead you act like this crazy person," That made Toph get up angrily and you scratching the back of your neck awkwardly.
"Look, I ran away to help Aang!" She hissed

"You know what? It doesn't matter. These scams put us all at risk, and we don't need that. We've already got some third-eyed freak after us," Katara pinched the bridge of her nose.
"Speaking of that "third-eyed freak", I think I've come up with a name for him. What do you think of "Sparky-Sparky-Boom Man"?" Sokka grinned.