Chapter 33

Chapter 33- Calm Before The Storm

"Fighting the Fire Lord is going to be the hardest thing we've ever done together

"Fighting the Fire Lord is going to be the hardest thing we've ever done together. But I wouldn't want to do it any other way," Aang told you all, where you smiled and pulled him into a hug. The rest of the Gaang joined in on the hug as you turned to Zuko.

"Get over here, Princey, I know you want a hug. More like need," You said and pulled him in the hug too.
"Isn't that cute?" Your mother smiled at the sight of affection as Appa merely growled.

"She has the charms, just like her father,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gather round Team Avatar," Sokka motioned everyone to be near him as he held a stick to map out the attack.
"In order to take out the Fire Lord, or in this case, the "Melon Lord", our timing has to be perfect," Twig hopped on your shoulders as you watched carefully.

"First, Suki and I will draw his fire. Next, (Y/N) and (M/N) will be on the defense in case any cavalry will ambush any of us," You and your mother looked at each other and nodded in agreement.

"Then, Katara and Zuko charge in with some liquidy hot offence and while the "Melon Lord" is distracted, Aang swoops in and "BAM!" He delivers the final blow," As Sokka finished, Aang slightly flinched at the thought of ending a life.

"Er, what about me?" Toph raised her hand, a little confused on what she was going to do.
"For now, you're the Melon Lord's forces," He told her.

"So I get to chuck flaming rocks at all of you?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Whatever makes the training feel more realistic," Sokka shrugged, making Toph grinned mischievously.

"Sweetness,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Muahahahahahaha!" Toph laughed as she stood near a cliff, surrounded with a ring of boulders and fire. You hid behind a rock with your mother as you waited for Sokka's signal. You peeked over to see him make a hand motion, and made you all to charge.

Toph sensed you all and bended soldier sized boulders to attack.
"Duck!" Your mother yelled, and you obeyed as she sent a fireball and destroyed a row of soldiers. Twig hid behind a rock as you sent lava the soldiers' way, and crushed them with boulders.

"Watch it, Toph!" You heard Sokka complain as she shot flaming rocks his way.
"I am not Toph, I am "Melon Lord"! Muahahahahaha!" Toph laugh evilly, making you snort at her antics, and continued to attack the fake soldiers. Side by side, you and your mother fought these fake soldiers.

Sending a wave of lava at a flaming rock, you see Aang running up a cliff and hiding under some boulders.
"Now, Monk boy!" You shouted towards Aang, and he quickly jumped out of hiding, raising his staff over his head to strike. But then, he suddenly stopped, inches away from the melon's head, and lowered his staff to his side.