Chapter 23

Chapter 23- His True Intentions

You yawned softly as you opens your eyes to see the moonlight shining down on you through the blanket

You yawned softly as you opens your eyes to see the moonlight shining down on you through the blanket. You also noticed Sokka getting and and peaking through.
"What are you doing Boomerang?" You whispered, rubbing your eyes.
"I'm going to follow them," He whispered back.

"Want me to come with?" You asked, secretly hoping he would refuse so you'll go back to sleep.
"No, it might be dangerous, I need you here in case Jet will do something else here," He told you.
"Aye aye captain," You saluted and plopped your head back onto the pillow as Sokka led the hut.

'Be safe,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You felt Twig lick your nose as you stirred awake. You opened your eyes to see no one in the hut.
'Damn, did they let me oversleep?' You groaned and stretched your muscles.
"Boomerang, you up?" You mumbled, then realized he went out to sneak out.
'Strange, he would've come back by now,' You thought, getting up and lifted the blanket to see no one in the treehouse.

"Also strange, where is everyone Twig?" You asked your friend, who squeaked and ran off. You looked at the trees, only seeing Appa and Momo.
"At least you guys are here, I bet they're at the river," You guessed, climbing down and looked back deep ingot the woods.
"Boomerang! You with the others?" You shouted, but nothing.

"Boomerang? Sokka?" You called out into the woods. Still no sign of Sokka.
"Hmm," You felt a shiver down your spin as you walked back to the others at the river bank.
"Jet, I'm sorry about how Sokka's been acting." You heard Katara say, making you huff and pet Twig.

"No worries, he already apologized." Jet said.
"Sokka? He apologized?" You asked a little shocked.
"Yeah, I was surprised too. I got the sense that maybe you talked to him or something." Jet said to Katara.
"Yeah, I did," She smiled.

"I guess something you said got through to him. Anyhow, he went out on a scouting mission with Pipsqueak and Smellerbee." Jet said.
"I'm glad he cooled off. He's so stubborn sometimes." She scoffed, making you roll your eyes.

"He's not the only one," You muttered.
"You guys do this, I'm going for a walk and leave you on this 'dam thing'," You quoted and walked away, Twig following behind.
"What's up with her?" Katara wondered, not realizing what she caused earlier

"Probably just tired. Come on, we have to do this,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"'He's so stubborn sometimes'? I mean what?! She was the one who stole that scroll and wanted to learn fast! It's like she doesn't know what she's doing!" You groaned as you made a huge rock flair and you threw it to the side in anger.
"Where's Sokka? Maybe I could talk to him," You said to Twig, who chirped and ran in front of you.

"How can you stand by and do nothing while Jet wipes out a whole town?" You heard Sokka shout. You tilted your head and followed his voice. You peaked over a tree to see Smellerbee and Pipsqueak holding Sokka hostage. You growled and looked around to find a pile of leaves and berries, indicating traps. You grinned as you lifted a rock.

"Hey listen Sokka, Jet's a great leader. We follow what he says, and things always turn out okay." You heard Pipsqueak say as you threw a rock at them.
"A great leader, but one like Sokka!" You shouted as you ran pass them.
"Hey!" Smellerbee shouted as she started to chase after you. Sokka took that chance to run too and caused both Smellerbee and Pipsqueak to fall into the trap.

"Ha! Suck it!" You cheered as you helped untie Sokka's ropes.
"Boomerang, what happened?" You asked as you both ran off, Twig following behind.
"Jet is going to blow up the dam to stop the Fire Nation, which includes taking innocent lives too," He explained.

"I knew he was bad news, why did I make him that bracelet?" You groaned as you threw away the bracelet.
"Come on! We have to warn the village!" He yelled. You grabbed his wrist and pulled him close, making him stammer.
"(Y-Y/N)! What are you-"
"Hand on, this is a faster way," You grinned as Twig hopped on top of Sokka's head, and you stomped your foot which made the earth shake and the earth below you shot you all up in the air.

"Woah!!" He shouted as you kept making the ground move you forward and toward the village.

"We don't have much time, let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The Fire Nation is gone and this valley will be safe." You heard Jet yell as you and Sokka looked at each other, and snickered. You lead Appa to float upward as you stood up, Momo and Twig on top of you
"It will be safe, without you," Sokka said as you slid down.

"Sokka! (Y/N)!" Aang and Katara shouted in relief.
"We warned the villagers of your plan, just in time." You told him.
"What?!" Jet yelled.
"At first they didn't believe us. The Fire Nation soldiers assumed we were spies. But one man vouched for us, the old man you attacked. He urged them to trust us, and we got everyone out in time." Sokka explained as you crossed your arms.

"You two are fools! We could've freed this valley!" Jet shouted, struggling against the ice he was in.
"Who exactly would be free? Everyone would be dead." You glared at him.
"You traitors!" He scowled at you.

"No, Jet. You became the traitor when you stopped protecting innocent people." Sokka told him as you grabbed his arm to lift yourself up onto Appa.
"Katara please," He pleaded, but Katara just looked down.
"Goodbye Jet," You gave one more look, and Appa flew away.

"We thought you were going to the dam. How come you went to the town instead?" Aang questioned.
"Let me guess, your instincts told you." Katara guessed, making you snort.
"Hey, sometimes they're right." Sokka shrugged.

"Um, Sokka? You know we're going the wrong way, right?" Aang pointed out, making Sokka turn around.
"And sometimes they're wrong." He said.
"Hooray for Sokka's instincts!" You cheered, you both fist bumped as you laid on your back.

"Sokka, the other other way,"

"Oh, right,"
____________________________________
Hey everyone! I know one was a little shorter than usual, but it was because I couldn't think of anything else to put in. So please enjoy this short chapter!

Stay healthy and stay tune!