Chapter 28

Chapter 28- This City Is Very Creepy

Waking up by the sound of Katara going outside, you rubbed your eyes as Katara ran back inside holding some mail

"I got it! I know how we're going to see the Earth King!" She said excitedly.
"How are we supposed to do that? "One doesn't just pop in on the Earth King!"," Toph mocked Joo Dee.

"The king is having a party at the palace tonight for his pet bear," She explained looking at some papers.
"You mean, platypus bear?" Aang asked.
"No, it just says 'bear'," Katara shook her head.
"Certainly you mean his pet skunk bear," Sokka raised an eyebrow.

"Or his armadillo bear," Toph suggested
"Gopher bear?" You guessed.
"Just... bear," Katara said and the house was silent for a second.
"This place is weird," Toph finally said.

"The palace will be packed. We can sneak in with the crowd!" Katara grinned.
"Won't work," Toph shook her head.
"Why not?" you asked.
"Well, no offense to you simple country folk, but a real society crowd will spot you a mile away. You've got no manners," She shrugged while eating some cake.

"Excuse me? I've got no manners? You're not exactly "lady fancy fingers!"," Katara glared at Toph, who burped.
"I learned proper society behavior and chose to leave it. You never learned anything. And frankly, it's a little too late," She explained and laid next to you.

"Aha, but you learned it! You could teach us!" Sokka suddenly yelled.
"Yeah, I'm mastering every element. How hard could manners be‌?" Aang stood and and wrapped a curtain around him.
"Good evening, Mr. Sokka Water Tribe, Ms. Katara Water Tribe, Ms (Y/N) Earth Kingdom, Lord Momo of the Momo Dynasty. Your Momo-ness," He said in a fancy voice.

"Avatar Aang, how do you do? Go on," Sokka piped in while wrapped in a curtain too and bowed, before the two of them baking and hitting their head against each other.
"Katara and Loud Mouth might be able to pull it off, but you two would be lucky to pass as busboys!" Toph shrugged as Sokka rubbed his head.

"But I feel so fancy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hate this plan, the makeup is heavy and the dress weighs me down," You grumbled while pulling your dress in embarrassment.
"You look beautiful (Y/N)," Katara smiled, placing makeup on your face and blushing slightly as Toph slapped your back.

"Don't let insecurity get to you now Loud Mouth, you're hot either way," She smirked, which made you blush. You three opened the door and showed the boys your outfits.
"Woah..." Sokka breathed out.
"You look beautiful," Aang blushed, and Sokka noticed his gaze at you, making him flick the Avatar's forehead.