Chapter 10

Chapter 10- Off To A Prison

As you three walked back to the shack

As you three walked back to the shack. There was a rumble and a shout.
"The mine!" You ran to see an old man stuck under some rubble and rocks.
"Help me!" He pleaded. You and Katara tried to lift him from it, but he wouldn't budge.

"It's not working! We need to get help!" You told them.
"There's no time, pull harder!" Haru said, but you couldn't get him out.
"Haru, there's a way you can help him," Katara said, making you shake your head.
"It's risky Katara," You argued.

'But, should I help too? They would be mad if I didn't tell them,' You told yourself.
"Please. There's no one around to see you, it's the only way!" She pleaded for him. Haru reluctantly did and lifted the debris away. You helped the man to get up and the three of you walked back for the village.

'Well, I hope this doesn't bite us later,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was so brave of Haru to use his Earthbending to help that old man." Katara said as you four sat in the shack with a lantern going.
"Yeah, but it was also dangerous. What if that man tells the others that a Earthbender saved him?" You asked her.
"I doubt that, he wouldn't been in more danger if we didn't help," Katara argued.

"I'm just saying. Not everyone can be thankful for your help. Trust me," You huffed and turn to your side.
"What's up with her?" Aang asked, worried about your behavior.
"I don't know, but we should sleep. We're leaving at dawn," Sokka said.
"Dawn? Can we sleep in for once?" Katara asked.

"Absolutely not! With village is crawling with Fire Nation troops. If they discover you're here, Aang, we'll be eating fireballs for breakfast. Good night," And with that, he slept in his side. The two laughed and went to sleep, but not before Katara looking at you one more time, and sleeping.

You turned your head to look at your friends, or at least traveling companions, and groaned.
'I should stop being such a jerk, but Katara needs to know about when to help, and when to leave, because it'll cause a life to be taken,' You thought as Twig snores softly.

'Just like dad,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You, Aang, and Sokka were packing your
"They took Haru away!" Katara said in a panic. You stood up in disbelief.
"They did?" You scowled.
"The old man turned him in to the Fire Nation. It's my fault! I forced him into Earthbending!" Katara said in slight hysteric.

"I knew that old man was a snitch," You growled under your breath.
"Slow down Katara, when did this happen?" Sokka asked, comforting his sister.
"Haru's mother said they came for him at midnight." She said.
"Then it's too late to track him. He's long gone," He sighed.

"Oh (Y/N), I shouldn't listened to you, but now he's gone for good," Katara said while wiping her tears. You said nothing as you looked outside.
"He's not gone for good, I think I know where they taken him. And I know how to get there," You explained.
"How?" Aang asked. You gave him a grin and turned around.

"They just need someone to tell them that we were Earthbending,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How come you never told us you were an Earthbender (Y/N)? We would've gone out of the chamber back at Omashu earlier!" Sokka complained as he and Katara pushed a rock onto a nearby vent.
"I knew what King Bumi was up to, wasn't my first time meeting him you know," You said.

"Besides, I thought it was obvious on my clothing," You raised an eyebrow at them.
"Well, we didn't want to assume," Aang said as he got into position.
"So, Earthbending is your dangerous skill?" Katara asked.
"Nope, I'm average on Earthbending, lift rocks up, make rock walls, and dig holes. My dangerous skill is something that'll be shown in the future," You told them with a wink.

"Now we got our plan. There are ventilation shafts throughout these mines. All Aang has to do is send an air current from the vent to this one right here. The Boulder levitates and tada! Fake Earthbending while (Y/N) actually Earthbends!" Sokka explained.

"Aang, did you get all that?" Katara asked the Avatar.
"Sure, sure. I got it," He shrugged off the question.
"Do you remember your cue?" Sokka placed a hand on his hip.
"Yea, yeah. Just relax. You're taking all the fun out of this," Aang smiled, while he seems distracted.

"By "this" do you mean intentionally being captured by an army of ruthless Firebenders?" Sokka said bluntly.
"Been there, done that, and it's always fun," You shrugged at the memories of you kicking ass of the Firebenders.

"Here they come. Get in your places," Sokka said as soldiers started walking over to your direction. You and Katara pretended to walk into Sokka.
"Ugh! Get out of my way pipsqueaks!" He shouted in a semi dramatic tone.
"How dare you call use pipsqueaks? You giant eared cretin!" Katara said in a similar tone.

"What did you call me?" He shouted back.
"You heard her undercut! I mean, look that those things, do herds of animals use them for shade?" You nicked him with a smirk.
"You better back off!" Sokka said as you and Katara were close in his face.

"We will not back off! I bet elephants get together and make fun of how large your ears are!" Katara retorted, making you make an 'oooo!'.
"That's it! You're going down!" He shouted.
"We'll show you who's boss, Earthbending style!!" Katara yelled getting into a battle position, but nothing happened.

You awkwardly lifted up a boulder as Katara repeated herself, and then her boulder started to rise, Momo behind it.
"Look! The lemur is Earthbending!" A soldier said shocked, causing you to snort because of their stupidity.
"No, you idiot! It's the girls!" Sokka said pointing to you two.

"Oh, of course,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You and Katara were sent into a Fire Nation ship and it was leading to the middle of the sea.
"I know this prison, specialized in holding in Earthbenders. Nothing to bend for them," You whispered to Katara as you both were pushed out into a line.
"Earthbenders, it is my pleasure to welcome you aboard my modest shipyard," The warden said.

"I am your warden. I prefer to think of you not as prisoners, but as honored guests. And I hope you come to think of me as your humble and caring host," The warden smirked.
"You will succeed here if you comply abide-" Suddenly, a man coughed, making the warden to shoot fire towards him.

"What king of guest dishonored his host by interrupting him? Take him below! One week in solitary will improve his manners," He scowled. You likely growled and stared at the floor, trying not to throw him off into the sea.

"Simply treat me with the courtesy I give you," He notice you looking down, and he lifted your chin up forcefully to make you look at him.

"And we'll get along famously," You blankly looked at him, wincing slightly as his grip, and he let go of you. You massaged your face as Katara looked at you worriedly.
"You will notice Earthbenders, that this rig is made entirely of metal. You are miles away from any rock or earth," The warden explained as you two and the other prisoners were walking through the rig.

"So, if you have any illusions about employing that British savagery that passes for bending among you people, forget them. It is impossible." The warden bluntly told you, and you internally rolled your eyes at the same old speeches wardens make whenever you get transferred to prisons.

"Good day," He smirked as you were lead into the court yard.

"Come on, let's find Haru,"