Chapter 35

Chapter 35- The Truth

Day comes and you five were on the beach, walking to Bato's ship

"This ship is sentimental to me. It was built by my father." He said as he felt the sides. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw the sand move, and Aang walking back nervously. You were curious, but ignored it.
"Is this the boat he took you ice dodging in?" Sokka asked him.

"Yep! It's got the scar to prove it. How 'bout you Sokka? You must have some good stories from your first time ice dodging." Bato nudged Sokka, who had a sadden expression.
"He never got to go. Dad left before he was old enough." Katara explained.
"Oh, I forgot you were too young." Bato sighed.

"Ice dodging?" You asked him.
"It's a rite of passage for young Water Tribe members. When you turn fourteen, your dad takes you- You know what, you're about to find out!" Bato suggested with a smile. You got on and the ship sailed.
"Ice dodging is a ceremonial test of wisdom, bravery, and trust. In our village, ice dodging was done by weaving a boat through a field of icebergs." Bato explained.

"How are we supposed to ice dodge without ice?" Asked Sokka looking at him.
"You'll be dodging those." Bato pointed to jagged and pointy rocks.
"Oh damn," You mumbled at the sigh. Thank Roku that Twig was at the Abbey.
"Sokka, you steer and call the shots, lead wisely. Katara, you secure the main sail. The winds can be brutal, so be brave," Bato told the siblings.

"(Y/N), you move the back sails, it's dangerous when afraid, so stay calm always," Bato told you, making you nod and get to the front of the ship.
"Aang, you control the jib. Without your steady hand, we all go down. Your position is about trust." Bato smiled.
"I know that. Why wouldn't I know that? I'm the Avatar, I know about trust!" Aang said defensively, making you tilt your head in confusion.

"For this is to be done right, I cannot help. You pass or fail on your own." Bato said, sitting down.
"Aang, ease up on the jib. (Y/N), Katara, steady." Sokka commanded.
"Aang, less sail. Katara, give him room" He shouted. The ships stirs and slashes water onto the ship, making Sokka struggle with the wheel.
"Aang, helm to lee. Helm to lee!" He told Aang.
"What does that even mean?" Aang shouted back. The waves knock Bato around. Sokka struggles while you, Katara, Aang close their eyes. The shot changes to show the boat pass.

"Great job!" He smiled, then you turned your head to see large bundle of jagged rocks ahead of you.
"I don't think you can make it!" You yelled out.
"We can make it!" Sokka said determined.
"Sokka, you've already proven yourself. Maybe we should-" Bato tried to say, but Sokka didn't listen.
"Aang, I'm gonna need air in that sail. Katara, I want you to bend as much water as you can between us and those rocks. (Y/N), take away any rocks that are to risky to dodge. Now!" He yelled out.

Katara bends the water below the boat while Aang fires airbending blasts at the sail and you watched below for any rocks.. Sokka groans nervously as the boat clears the rocks. You bend some rocks at almost majorly scratched the boat. When you all reached clear water, Sokka sighs and relaxes. You eventually made it back on land and Bato mixed some paint around in a bowl.

"The spirits of water bear witness to these marks. For Sokka, the Mark of the Wise. The same mark your father earned." Bato said as he painted a arc with a dot under.
"For Katara, the Mark of the Brave. Your courage inspires us." Bato painted a crescent moon on her forehead.
"(Y/N), it appears that the mark of the Calm is on your bandana. Wonderful," Bato smiled as you touched the mark on top of the bandana.

"So that's what it means," You mumbled in awe.
"And for Aang, the Mark of the Trusted. You two are now honorary members of the Water Tribe." She finished with Aang, painting an arc.
"I can't." Aang said looking down.
"Of course you can!" Katara smiled. He rubbed his mark off and backed away.
"No, you can't trust me." He told you guys.

"What do you mean air boy?" You asked as he took out a crumbled piece of paper.
"A messenger gave this to me for Bato," He gave Katara the paper and rubbed his arm.
"You have to understand. I was afraid you would-" Aang got cut off by Sokka yelling.

"This is the map to our father! You had it the whole time?! How could you?!" He shouted at Aang, who simply shrugged with a shamed expression.
"Well, you can go to the North Pole on your own. I'm going to find Dad," He glared and turned away.
"Boomerang, I think you're overreacting a little. Sure you haven't seen your dad in a while-"
"And how do we know you weren't part of this too?!" He shouted at you while pointing an accusing finger at you.

"She wasn't part of this! It was my own fault!" Aang defended.
"Like she'll ever know about what it's like to miss parents that left instead of running away!" Sokka yelled, making you take a step back and had a hurt look on you.
"Katara, are you with me?" He asked his sister. Katara turned to look at you two, and closed her eyes.

"I'm with you Sokka," She said and left with Bato and Sokka. You stood there, rubbing your arm as Aang walked up to you, reaching to touch your arm.
"I'm sorry (Y/N), he didn't mean it," He said.
"I know he didn't. He just doesn't know. But Aang... maybe it's for the best if... you go on without me. I just need to... go somewhere," You mumbled, walking away.
"No, (Y/N)," Aang tried to call out for you, but you just continued to walk away.

"I'm sorry (Y/N)..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twig whined at you, wondering why you were leaving the others.
"I'm sorry Twig, but I just need a walk," You told your Tiger Monkey as you walked the other direction for your friends.
'It'll just be me and Twig, like it used to be,' You thought as you kicked a rock. But the rock jumped again. You stopped and watched it as it jumped around, then you realized that something was coming near.

It was too late for you to react, as you suddenly couldn't move, and you fell down as Twig screeched.
"Ugh, go Twig!" You shouted and he obeyed, running off as you felt someone turn you around.
"Hello, criminal," You saw Zuko, glaring down at you.
"Not exactly the actual person, but the scent is strong with this girl. Is this your girlfriend? If so, no wonder she left you, she's way to pretty for you," You heard a new female voice said.

"He's not my boyfriend!/Shes not my girlfriend!" You both shouted in unison, making the girl smirk and Iroh chuckle.
"Where is he criminal? Where's the Avatar?" Zuko growled as he lifted you up.
"Like I know, we separated ways after a conflict. I'm all alone now," You grinned at him. He scowled at you, but then smirked at you.

"Well, let's see if they'll come back if they know that you're in the brink of death,"
____________________________________

Iroh: you must tell her that you missed her, because you do

Zuko: fine

Zuko when he interacts with you: P E A S A N T

(Y/N): wh-

Also here's what that Fire Nation scar Zhao gave you

Also here's what that Fire Nation scar Zhao gave you. What are the other scars for? You'll find out!