Chapter 26

Chapter 26- Fixing The Fued At Last

"Oh no, that's a lot of canyon crawlers

"Oh no, that's a lot of canyon crawlers." Katara gulped as you all hid behind a earth pillar.
"We barely survived one!" Sokka said as he took out his boomerang.
"They're coming back for me! They've had a taste and they're coming back for me!" The tour guide said scared, running off.

"Sokka wait, I don't care about this stupid feud, I just want us to get out of here alive." Katara said as you made sure Twig was protected.
"Sokka Me too. I only took their side 'cause they fed me." Sokka grinned.
"(Y/N), you make sure that the tribes are safe while we fight these creatures, got it?" You nodded at Katara's words and ran to the tribes, walking to each person to see if they're hurt. Aang started fighting off the canyon crawlers, and soon has them all in a pile.

The crawlers pick themselves up and target the refugees. Though Aang, Katara, Sokka, and the tribe leaders fight hard to hold them off, they are vastly out numbered. You saw one of the crawlers about to attack Aang from behind, so you just threw a rock at it, making it turn and charge after you. Sokka threw his boomerang at it and it ran off.

"Everybody, watch me and do what I do!" Aang yelled. He distracts a crawler with a piece of food, leaps on its back, and throws a bag over its snout. You helped and threw a bag over one's snout, getting onto to it.
"Now follow me! We're riding out of this hole!" Aang ties a huge bag of food onto his staff and uses it to guide the crawlers up the canyon wall. Twig clutches onto your shoulder as you made it to the surface.

"Everyone, get off!" You jumped off as Aang throws the bag back down, and the crawlers follow.
"I never thought a Gan Jin could get his hands dirty like that." Zhang leader said looking at Gan Jin leader.
"And I never knew you Zhangs were so reliable in a pinch." Gan Jin leader stated.
"Perhaps we're not so different after all." Zhang leader smiled.

"Too bad we can't rewrite history. You thieves stole our sacred orb from Jin Wei!" Gan Jin leader drew his sword.
"You tyrants unjustly imprisoned Wei Jin for twenty long years!" Zhang leader drew her sword too, making Aang sigh in disappointment.
"Wait a second... Jin Wei? Wei Jin? I know those guys!" Aang smiled.
"Yes, yes, we're all aware of the story." Gan Jin spat out.

"No, I mean I really knew them. I might not look it, but I'm a hundred and twelve years old. I was there one hundred years ago on the day you're talking about." He said.
"There seems to be a lot of confusion about what happened. First of all, Jin Wei and Wei Jin weren't enemies. They were brothers, twins in fact, and they were eight; and most importantly, they were just playing a game! The sacred orb from the legend, that was the ball! And the eastern and western gates were the goal posts."

"Jin Wei had the ball and was running toward the goal when he fell and fumbled it. Wei Jin didn't steal the ball, he picked it up and started running it toward the other goal, but he stepped out of bounds, so the official put him in the penalty box. Not for twenty long years but for two short minutes. There was no stealing and no putting anyone in imprison, it was just a game." Aang finished the story.

"You're saying the sacred orb was actually a sacred ball?" Zhang questioned.
"Nope, just a regular ball." Aang corrected her
"What about our tribe's redemption ritual?" A Gan Jin man asked snarky.
"That's what the game was called, redemption. As soon as you got the ball from one end to the other, everyone would yell "redemption"!" The two leaders looked at each other.

"Don't get me wrong, Wei Jin was kind of a slob and Jin Wei was a little stuffy, that much is true. But they respected each other's differences enough to share the same playing field." He explained. The two paused and turned to each other.
"I suppose it's time we forget the past." Zhang leader smiled.
"And look to the future." Gan Jin leader bowed.

Appa eventually made it and landed on the ground.
"Good to see you, boy. Did you miss me?" Aang said while Appa licked him.
"I cannot thank you enough, Avatar." Gan Jin leader said.
"Well, you know I try." The Avatar smiled, covered in drool, making the leader recoil in disgust.

The two leaders now stood side by side.
"Let us travel to the Earth Kingdom capital as one tribe." The people cheered as they turn to walk off.
"I'm going too! I'm sick of this place!" The tour guide said leaving with them too.
"That's some luck you knew Jin Wei and Wei Jin." Sokka said with a smile.

"You could call it luck. Or you could call it lying." He grinned mischievously. The three of you turned to him in shock.
"Huh?" You said a little dazed.
"I made the whole thing up." He shrugged.
"You did not! That is so wrong." Katara said with admiration.
"Ha! Naughty Avatar! Lying to folks like that, and here I thought you were good," You gave a dopey grin, slightly stumbling.

"Uhhh, is (Y/N) okay?" Sokka asked worriedly.
"The shock finally turned off, she could have a concussion." Katara said as she carefully inspected you.
"Nah, I'm fine. Just loopy now, give me something to eat please," You muttered, closing your eyes and opening your mouth like a baby bird.
"She's going to be like this for a few hours, maybe for a day. Let's just keep an eye out for her," Katara explained as she led you to Appa.

"Okay, you take a rest now, you have been through a lot with those Canyon Crawlers," She soothes as you climbed the saddle.
"I go night night, I'll see you... in 90 years when you're all old and tired," You muttered as Twog laid on you, sleeping.

"Great, now where's the custard? I'm starving!"