Chapter 35

Chapter 35- Found Family Needing A Divorce

Standing where the lake bed the underground sewer, Toph bended the hatch up to the surface, but it was gone

"Oh no," You mumbled, rubbing your temple in frustration.
"The Dai Li must've known we were coming and destroyed the evidence!" Katara explained to the king.

"That seems awfully convenient," He mumbled suspiciously.
"Hey, if anything, this proves the conspiracy exists even more," Sokka retorted.
"Long Feng was right. This was a waste of time," The king sighed and turned around.
"If you'll excuse me, I'm going back to the palace," As he walked away, you had an idea.

"What about the wall, even with earthbenders, there were witness they needed to silence, so it must still be there," You told them, and Aang smiled.
"Yeah!" Aang jumped over to the king and stood in front of him.
"If you come with us to the Outer Wall, we can prove to you that the secret war is real," He said to the king.

"No Earth King has ever been to the Outer Wall. I don't have any more time for this nonsense," He huffed and continued to walk away, but then Sokka piped in.

"If you come with us, this time you can ride on Appa,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"First time flying?" Toph asked the king as he yelped in fear.
"It's both thrilling and terrifying!" He smiled, which made Toph nod.
"Yeah, I hate it too," She grinned as you held onto her so she won't slip.

"I have to be honest with you: part of me really hopes that what you're telling me about this war isn't true," The king confessed and looked down.
"I wish it wasn't," Aang mumbled, and Appa flew over to the outer walls of the city.

"A drill, huh? Seems scary that this happened and no one else knew," Your sister said, and you sighed.
"Living in ignorance seems more bearable than being aware of every bad thing," You told her, and Katara pointed down at the walls.

"It's still there!" She shouted as you the walled drill.
"What is that?" The king said in disbelief.
"It's a drill. A giant drill made by the Fire Nation to break through your walls," Sokka told him and Twig hissed at the sight.

Landing on the walls, everyone looked down at the blocked off drill.
"I can't believe I never knew," The king mumbled, just as Long Feng showed up.
"I can explain this, Your Majesty," Twig scowled at him, which made the colony hiss too.

"This is nothing more than ... a construction project," Long Feng motioned to the drill.
Really? Then perhaps you could explain why there's a Fire Nation insignia on your "construction project"," Katara glared as she crossed her arms.

"Well it's imported of course. You know you can't trust domestic machinery," You rolled your eyes as Lonng Feng gave a fake smile.
"Surely you don't believe these children instead of your most loyal attendant?" He asked the king.