Chapter 39

Chapter 39- A Small Encounter

"Katara! I'm so sorry!" Aang shouted as he hopped over

"Katara! I'm so sorry!" Aang shouted as he hopped over. You scrambled towards your Tiger Monkey, who you saw had tears in his eyes. You tried to lift him up, but he squirmed and cried even more.
"What did you do?!" Sokka yelled as he ran to you guys and checked on his sister. At that point you didn't listen as you stared wide eyes at your pet.

"I told you to listen what Jeong Jeong said! Now look what happened!! You burnt Katara and you burnt Twig!!" You turned and shouted at Aang with fury in your eyes. Aang tried to walk forward, but Sokka tackled in in rage. Katara got up and ran off, you picking up Twig and following behind.
"It's going to be okay, I'm here Twig, I'm here," You whispered to Twig, who cried into your chest.

You hissed in pain as you felt burn marks on your arms.
'Great, another scar,' You thought as you spotted Katara, kneeling near a body of water. You ran over and kneeled down next to her.
"Wash your hands in the water, it'll cool it a little," You told her as you set Twig in the water. He screeched as you saw Katara dip her hands into the water like you said, then her hands started to glow.

You watched in awe as she lifted them, and her burn marks were gone.
"Healbending..." You trailed off in amazement as Twig held onto your arms.
"You have healing abilities." You both turned to see Jeong Jeong walking up.
"The great benders of the Water Tribe sometimes have this ability. I've always wished I were blessed like you, free from this burning curse." He explained.

"But you're a great master. You have powers that we will never know." You told him as he shook his head.
"Water brings healing and life. But fire brings only destruction and pain. It forces those of us burdened with its care to walk a razor's edge between humanity and savagery. Eventually, we are torn apart." He said looking down at the water.

"I know that feeling all too well," You mumbled, then suddenly a fireball struck down into the water. Jeong Jeong protected you three with his bending as your eyes widen at the Fire Nation ships.
"Zhao..." You said taking a step back, holding onto Twig tenderly.
"Go get your friends and flee! Do not come back here or you will all be destroyed. Hurry!" The master Firebender shouted as you and Katara took off.

"When this is over, can you help Twig?" You asked her as you ran through the forest.
"Of course, but fright now we need to warn the others," She said as you spotted Sokka packing stuff onto Appa.
"Katara! (Y/N)! Are you all right? Is Twig still moving?" Sokka asked worriedly.

"We're fine, we've got to get out of here. Where's Aang?" Katara asked her brother, at which me motioned at the hut. You turned to Katara and gave her Twig.
"I'll get him, I don't think he'll want to face someone he hurt, believe me," You explained as you ran down the hill and into the hut. You lifted the tarp up to see Aang sitting there, sulking and looking into the darkness.

"Jeong Jeong tried to tell me that I wasn't ready. I wouldn't listen. I'm never going to firebend again." He mumbled out.
"You'll need to someday Air boy, it'll be on your hands to bend if you want to save the world," You told him as you walked closer.
"No I won't," He argued back.

"You can either run away from your problems, or face it and make what is right Aang, and I hope you'll do the latter." You sternly said to him, before sighing and looking at your still burnt arm.
"Water girl is okay, she's healed," You'd told him, making him turn in surprise.
"What? How?" He asked looking up at you.

"I'll explain later. But right now, we have to get out here. Zhao and his soldiers are attacking, and I'm in a mood to do another reunion," You explained to him.
"Where!" Aang said as he got up.
"By the river. They captured Jeong Jeong." You said, and then the Avatar ran pass you.
"I gotta help him!" He yelled, and you followed him.

"I'm going too," You said.
"You can't, you're still hurt and it's my fault you're injured," He pleaded with you, but you shook your head with a grin.
"I'm used to burnt scars already, and I'm going to take my own advice and face my problems," You said as you both ran to the river, where you saw the ships and the soldiers surrounding the master.

"Jeong Jeong!" You both yelled out.
"Take the deserter," Zhao snapped his fingers and the soldiers got closer to Jeong Jeong. You both stopped and watched as the Firebender made a giant fireball around him, and the next thing you know he's gone.
"It's a trick! He's run off into the woods. Find him!" Zhao yelled, the turn to face you.

"Hello again, prisoner," He smirked at you, making you shiver and got into a stance.
"Not running I see? It appears you grew brave, foolish move," He chuckled.
"I just need to get rid of some trash I left behind," You grinned mischievously, making him scowl.

"Let's find out what my old master has taught you." He scowled as he got closer.
"You were Jeong Jeong's student?!" You both said in shock.
"Until I got bored." He then shot fire at you two, and you went into opposite directions to dodge it.
"I see he taught you how to duck and run like a coward. But I doubt he showed you what a firebender is truly capable of!" Zhao yelled as he shot more fire at you and Aang.

"You gotta do better than that wild shot Zhao!" You mocked as Aang dodged more fire. You lifted a Boulder and sent it straight towards the man, but he jumped away and shot more fire at you.
"Air boy, if there's one thing I learned from Zhao, is that he is impatient-" You jumped over and landed in front of him.
"And he has no self control," You mumbled to him, making his eyes lit up.

"Idea time," You both smiled and turned back to Zhao.
"Stand and fight you brats!" Zhao shouted as you looked over at the ships.
"Oh, were we fighting? I thought you were just getting warmed up!" Aang stuck his tongue out.

"I was!" He then shot fire and you grabbed Aang's arms and you both spun, dodging the fire and ducking.
"Is that all you got? Man, they'll make anyone an admiral these days!" Aang teased him.
"I bet that they were just running out of actual Firebender masters!" You shouted at him, and feeling this good warmth in your chest as you stood up against the man that made years of your life absolute hell.

He kept on dodging his attacks as you both hopped onto the ships.
"I don't know why, but I thought you'd be better than Zuko!"
"It's because he is a spineless loser!" You both laughed and continued to run and jump away from Zhao's fire. And you eventually made it the the front of a ship, and Zhao jumping you both

"Nowhere to run now, you little smart mouths!" The man scowled as you then felt fear down your body again.
"Looks like you lost this battle," You shrugged as Aang grabbed you and jumped away from the fire Zhao sent.
"Are you crazy? You two haven't thrown a single blow!" He shouted enraged.

"No, but you have," The ships were now burning and sinking into the water.
"Jeong Jeong said you had no restraint,"
"You're scary, but also an idiot," You both then ran off, leaving Zhao screaming in anger. You fell into the water as Aang help you up.
"You two, come on! Let's go!" You heard Sokka yell and you hopped onto Appa.

"Where's Jeong Jeong?" You asked looking down at the huts.
"He disappeared, they all did," Sokka told you as you then saw Twig, up and well.
"Twig!!" You smiled as you hugged your Tiger Monkey, tears in your eyes. Katara smiled at your little reunions looked at you and Aang's arms.
"Aang, (Y/N), you're burned! Let me help you," She then took water from her pouch and placed it around your arms.

Both of your burns on your arms were gone and you smiled softly at her.
"So cool," You said, making her blush.
"When did you learn how to do that?" Sokka asked.
"I guess I always knew," She shrugged.

"Well then thanks for all the first aid over the years. Like when I fell into the greaseberry bramble. Or that time I had two fishhooks in my thumb!" He said angrily.
"Two?" You tilted your head.
"He tried to get the first fishhook out with another fishhook." Katara explained, making you snort.

"Oh, and the time that mink snake bit me! Thanks for healing that up. That was great." He ranted.

"Really helpful.