Chapter 27

Chapter 27- Closure, Or Revenge

Twig woke up first, with you hugging Toph closely

Twig woke up first, with you hugging Toph closely. But just then, you heard a loud explosion coming from the top of the temple, and the ground shook violently.
"Are we dead?" You jolted upward, and Toph quickly jumped up.

"We're about to be," Suki said as Aang charged at the war ships launching bombs at you all. The colony and Twig all hid on Appa, with Aang bending the air to activate defenses. Bombs were continued to be thrown and rubble started to fall.

"Water girl, watch out!" You shouted as rocks were about to fall on her, but Zuko quickly tackled her away. You bended the rocks to the side as Katara quickly stood up and ran to your side.
"I'll take that as a thank you," Zuko sighed.

"Come on! We can get out through here!" Toph shouted as she and Haru created a tunnel.
"What are you doing?" Aang suddenly shouted at Zuko.
"Go ahead! I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit," He simply said and started to charge at the ships.

"Princey!" You tried to reach out for him, but the Sokka pulled your close to him.
"Come on! We've gotta get out of here!" He and the others pulled Appa closer to the tunnel, but he wouldn't budge.
"I can't get him to go in there! Appa hates tunnels!" Aang argued.

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here!" Katara told him.
"We'll have to find a way!" He pleaded.
"We need to split up. Take the tunnel and get to the stolen airship," Sokka suddenly said, and you looked at your mother with concern.

"No! The Fire Nation can't separate our family again!" Katara pleaded with her father.
"It'll be okay. It's not forever," Hakoda hugged her and Sokka as your mother placed a hand on Hakoda's shoulder.

The two of them looked at each other, and nodded as Twig cooed at the colony to follow the humans, who all chirped and ran with the others. Pulling Suki onto Appa, everyone soon hopped on, but your mother stayed.
"Mom?" You tilted your head a little.

"Someone needs supervision," She said and hopped on Appa, which made Twig coo.
"I can clear that away and we can fly out through there!" Toph told the others.
"Um, there's an awful lot of fire in that general direction," Suki furrowed her eyebrows.

"We'll get through. Let's go," Aang said and lead Appa to fly off. Azula ducked and watched you all take off, until Zuko jumped up and charged at her.
"Go Princey, go!" You cheered with Appa dodging any fire.

BOOM

Suddenly, an explosion happened, with Azula and Zuko falling. Aang steered Appa to where you quickly caught Zuko in your arms and pulled him close, which made Katara furrow her eyebrows a little.
"She's... not gonna make it," Zuko muttered, looking over to where Azula was falling.

Your watched with a stern look as Azula then blasted fire and led her towards the side mountain, clutching it as her hair was swaying with the breeze.
"Of course she did," You gulped a little as Appa continued to fly away, with Azula watching you leave.