Chapter 30

Chapter 30- Blue Spirit

"What is he talking about? Scar?" Aang asked you as you felt like everything was spinning

"What is he talking about? Scar?" Aang asked you as you felt like everything was spinning. It could be your concussion, but you felt like felling on your knees. You couldn't really breath, and your insides were twisting.
"I... I had a run in with Commander Zhao, he... was a merciless man. I was only 10... he, he did something to me. I escaped with only a husk of a body... He said that no matter where I'll go, I'll forever be marked by the Fire Nation." You blurted out, as you felt like passing out.

"(Y/N)..." Aang said, not wanting to imagine what he did. Then, little frogs popped out of his clothes.
"What? No! Don't leave, frogs! Our friends are sick and they need you! Please go back to being frozen!" He pleaded as he struggled even more. He then stopped as you and him looked up the noises of coming from through door.

"What's happening?" You asked him, trying to turn your head. The door opened and you heard Aang scream and clangs were heard. You then felt your chains being cut and you could move your limbs again.
"(Y/N)! Breathe, you need to breathe," Aang said as he comforted you, his hand rubbing your back as you could fully see the things around you.

"I...I'm fine," You gave him a smile as he turned to face your rescuer. The man was wearing all black, holding two swords, and wore a blue mask.
"Who are you? What's going on? Are you here to rescue us?" Aang asked as he held onto you.
"We'll take that as a "yes."," He said as he grabbed your arm and with him. You both walked pass a gagged and tied guard at the door to the chamber. You stuck your tongue out at him as Aang heard frog noises and turned to see the half-frozen frogs crawling on the floor.

"The frogs! Come back! And stop thawing out!" Aang said as he tried to pick them up, but the blue spirit grabbed your hand, and you grabbed Aang's.
"Wait! Our friends need to suck on those frogs!" You would've laughed at that statement if you weren't in Fire Nation ground.

You, Aang, and the Blue Spirit were walking silently in the sewer system underneath the fortress. Soldiers walk back and forth above them. You three hopped out of a grate and into one of the courtyards. You all were then scaling a rope on the innermost wall of the fortress. As you were climbing, loud noises were heard, because you were spotted.
"There, on the wall!" A soldier shouts. Another soldier appeared at the top of the wall and he cuts the rope and you three started to fall.

Aang then airbends you and the Blue Spirit to a soft landing. When the dust clears, the Blue Spirit unsheathes his swords and you all ran.
"Stay close to me you two!" Aang shouted as the gates were blocked by many soldiers. Aang airbends a blast of air that blows them out of the way. You and Aang made for the gate, but the Blue Spirit gets caught in a fight. You turned back and stopped.
"We gotta help him," You said as a soldier lunged at you with a spear.

You quickly grabbed the spear and launched a rock from the outside at his face, knocking him down. You broke the tip of the spear and gave it to Aang as you both ran to save your new friend. The Blue Spirit is surrounded, but Aang airbends them all out of the way. He then catapults you and the Blue Spirit to the top of the third wall. The Blue Spirit caught as you saw more soldiers coming. You tired to bend lava underneath you, but you couldn't as you can't feel your strength in you.

'Dammit,' You hissed as the Avatar flew in by using the stick as a helicopter blade. You held on the Blue Spirit by the waist as Aang grabbed him with his legs. You three tried to fly over the gates, but more spears were being thrown at you. You three onto the second gate as more soldiers were getting up with bamboo ladders. You saw one getting to the top, so you kicked him in the face as Aang uses his being to blow all of them to the ground.

"Take this. Jump on my back!" Aang shouted as he gave you a bamboo ladder. The Blue Spirit grabbed your waist as the two of you got on top of Aang and one of the bamboo ladder tilted.
"Give me the next one!" He shouted, and you obeyed as he uses it hop over and made it over the gates, but he couldn't reach the edge of the first gate, causing you all to hit the ground.

Fire Nation soldiers surrounded you as they shot fire at you three, but Aang blocked it with a gust of wind.
"Hold your fire! Those two must be captured alive!" Zhao shouted running forward. The moment he said that, you felt something sharp on your neck. The Blue Spirit held his swords against you and Aang's neck, staring straight into Zhao's eyes.

'Honestly, this is much better than dealing with Zhao,' You thought as Zhao yelled a command. The gate opened and you backed away slowly, until it was near the woods. Just then, an arrow shot through the air, and it clanked against the Blue Spirit's head. He fell down, and you turned with wide eyes, trying to see if he just died. Aang quickly made a dust cloud and took off the mask to make sure he was okay.

Your eyes widen as you both realized who it was. You recognize that scar from anywhere.

Zuko... saved you?

Aang quickly grabbed your hand to run away, but you stayed out next to your ex friend and stared up at the Avatar.
"I'm not leaving without him," You said with a stern look, making Aang nod and grab Zuko.

Guess you still have a soft spot for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You watched Zuko as he was unconscious, sitting on a tree root with the Avatar.
"You knew him for years?" He asked you, making you nod. He bummed as Zuko started to stir. He opened his eyes and turned his head to face you two.
"You know what the worst part of being born over a hundred years ago is?" You looked over at Aang.

"I miss all the friends I used to hang out with. Before the war started, I used to always visit my friend Kuzon. The two of us, we'd get in and out of so much trouble together. He was one of the best friends I ever had, and he was from the Fire Nation, just like you. If we knew each other back then, do you think we could have been friends, too?" He asked looking at Zuko.

The banished prince said nothing then attacked him with fire. Aang quickly grabbed you as he jumped through the branches of the tree. You looked over your shoulder, making eye contact with Zuko, before turning back. You both made it back to the swamp, where you and Aang is collecting frozen frogs once again. You looked at each other and walked back to the camping ground.

"Suck on these. They'll make you feel better." He sighed, giving Sokka and Katara the frozen frogs as Twig jumped into your arms and you laying down with Aang.
"Aang, how was your trip? Did you make any new friends?" Sokka asked with the frog in his mouth, not even noticing that you left.
"No, I don't think I did. But someone definitely met an old friend," Aang mumbled as he turned to face you, holding you tightly by the waist.

You allowed him. After what happened with the both of you, you needed the rest.