Chapter 29

Chapter 29- Explanation Of A Fear

You cuddled with Twig as Sokka was lying against Appa, huddled in his sleeping bag

You cuddled with Twig as Sokka was lying against Appa, huddled in his sleeping bag. He is coughing, and there is sweat on his face.
"This should bring your fever down." Katara said, putting a rag over his head.
"You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humor." Sokka grinned.
"That's nice. I'll tell him." Katara said to him, which made Appa growl.
"Classic Appa." Sokka laughed as you giggled.
"How's Sokka doing?" Aang asked her as he came back.

"Not so good, being out in that storm really did a number on him." Katara said worriedly as Sokka started to sniffle pitifully.
"I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea. But I found a map. There's an herbalist institute on top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there." Aang explained pointing at the mountain.

"Aang, he's in no condition for travel. Sokka just needs more rest. I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow," Katara said as You slid from Appa's back. You then started to hear Katara cough.
"You sick too?" You asked her, as your concussion felt a little better each day, and you could at least lift a medium sized boulder.

"Relax, it was just a little cough. I'm fi-" Katara started to cough more violently.
"That's how Sokka started yesterday. Now look at him! He thinks he's an earthbender!" Aang said as he pointed at Sokka who was waving his hands everywhere.
"Take that, you rock!" He said.
"A few more hours and you'll be talking nonsense, too. I'm going to go find some medicine," He said as he as about to use his glider, then lighting struck

"Uh, maybe it's safer if I go on foot. (Y/N), you keep an eye on them," He told you.
"Aww, but I wanna go! I'm tired of staying out of trouble because you don't think I'm in any condition to fight! My concussion is getting better!" You argued with him.
"Please (Y/N), I'll do this alone," He said putting a hand on your shoulder as you sighed and nodded, laying on your back against Appa.

"Katara, please, water." You heard Sokka whispered.
"Listen carefully, Momo. I need you to take this to the river, and fill it with water." Katara explained to Momo, who tilted this head. He grabbed the bag and flew off.
"He's going to get something else, huh Twig?" You grinned at Twig, who chirped at you.

You made sure that Sokka and Katara were distracted and sneakily crawled to the edge of the entrance.
"All those guys need are frozen wood frogs. I know how to cure fevers like these," You mumbled as you set Twig down.
"If they ask for me, tell them I'm going to... the bathroom Twig," You told him as you slid down the hillside and onto the trail.

"Now, time to find a swamp,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You slightly stumbled through your way into the forest, sensing from the earth to find the swamp.
"I feel something," You smiled as you lifted your hand from the ground and running through a bush to find the swamp.
"Awesome," You said as you jumped in to find some frogs, but then you heard something else. Someone struggling? Something being shot through the air...

Aang's yelling?

You peaked over a log and saw him. Aang was pinned against a log by an arrow, and you saw men with Fire Nation clothing with arrows.
"Archers," You muttered as Aang waterbends an ice wall in front of himself. An arrow strikes the wall before two more land in the same spot and slice the arrows that came before it. The ice cracks and another set of arrows pin his other sleeve before a net is launched at him.

You growled and bended the mud under you and threw it at the archers.
"Over here, cross eyes!" You shouted, making the men and Aang look at you.
"(Y/N)!" He shouted in surprise as the men started to shoot at you. You dive into the water and bended the mud to cover you so they won't detect you.

The men kept shooting the water as you stealthily came up being them and crashing the mud onto them.
"I'm coming air boy," You said, jumping over to try and release him. You then heard water splashing behind you and you turned to see a man shooting more arrows at you. You tried to lift more mud, but the arrows exploded into a net.

Your back got slammed into the log again as the men stood up.
"(Y/N)! Are you okay?" Aang asked, concerned. You looked over at him and sighed.

"Not exactly,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't worry air boy, we'll get out of here," You reassured him. You were both chained by the limbs, back to back as you faced the wall and he faced the door. He said nothing as you gave a small sigh.
"Aang, I'm really sorry for leaving the post. I just wanted to feel like I was useful. My concussion is getting better, but yet I still feel like a nuisance. Considering I've been on my own with Twig for who knows how long, I just didn't want to be intruding. There's so much to say, but if I say too much, you might now forgive me," You confessed.

Once you heard no respond, you looked down and felt tears in your eyes.
"You're not useless (Y/N). You're the most coolest person I've met. Even when you're down, you still pulled through and never gave up. I respect that! You'll never be a nuisance because you're part of this family," Aang finally said, turning his head and smiled, but you couldn't see it. It was a nice gesture though.

"Thank you. Although, I'm still a little concussed," You joked a little, making him laugh slightly. Suddenly, the metal door to the room opened and you felt Aang look and and scowl.
"So this is the great Avatar. Master of all the elements." You stiffed up, frozen in fear as the clicks of boots cam close and you didn't need to see his face to know who he was

Zhao.

"I don't know how you've managed to elude the Fire Nation for a hundred years, but your little game of hide and seek is over." He sneered as he walked closer, making your heart beat faster and tugging on your chains.
"I've never hidden from you! Untie us and we'll fight you right now! Right (Y/N)!" Aang shouted, but he didn't hear you. All he could feel is you shaking and moving.
"Uhh, no. This criminal here, she never stood a chance against me before. Why would she stand a chance now? Right (Y/N)?" You could hear Zhao smirking, making you shiver.

"Before?" Aang muttered trying to look at you. What did he meant before?
"Well, enough of that. Tell me, how does it feel to be the only airbender left? Do you miss your people?" Aang looked down with sadness.
"Don't worry, you won't be killed like they were. See, if you die you will just be reborn and the Fire Nation would have to start searching all over again. So I'll keep you alive, but just barely." Zhao said darkly.

Before Zhao turned to leave, Aang then took a deep breath and blew a large force of wind at Zhao, who falls over. He got up and scowled.
"Blow all the wind you want, but your situations is futile. There is no escaping this fortress, and no one is coming to rescue you two." Before he walked out the door, he turned his head slightly and grinned.

"And (Y/N). I do hope that scar is still there,"