Chapter 32

Chapter 32- Future Predictions

"Oh man, I should've thought about this before," You said embarrassed as Twig cooed on your lap

"Thats alright dear, take your time. Give me your hands," She chuckled. You did so, and she held them in hers.
"Oh! I want to know if I will be able to finally have back my full control of my bending. I had a concussion a few days ago and I haven't had able to fully bend," You said, remembering the canyon incident.

"Let's see," She closed her eyes and held your hands, making you tilt your head as Twig looked on in wonder. She then opened her eyes with a slight worried look.
"I sense, that you'll be able to fully bend very soon. In a great event, that will be not be in your control. A event that will make you push your limit, and make you look deep inside you to feel that strength once again," She told you.

You stared at her, trying to process her words.
"Oh... that's, a kinda a lot to take in," You breathed you.
"I'm sorry about that my dear. How about one more future telling?" You shrugged as she closed her eyes.
"Now this, will be your love life," You stuck your tongue out at that, making her laugh and held your hand.

"Your love life. It's strange. I see conflict, confusion, old faces, heartbreak, love trouble, and a sacrifice that you must decide on," She said.
"Okay, that didn't help at all," You blew a raspberry.
"But, the one true love, is someone that you hold deeply, a nice, sassy, and incredible person," She added in, winking.

You gave her smile, standing up.
"Thank you Aunt Wu, I will certainly keep that in mind," You said bowing. Twig climbed on your shoulder as you opened the door and walked over to the gaang.
"How as it (Y/N)?" Katara asked you excitedly.
"It was great, learned a lot for my future," You said.

'For better or for worse at least,' You thought as Katara went to have her future. You sat down and petted Twig, and realizing something.
'Oh, I wanted to ask her one more thing.' You sighed at the missed opportunity.

'I'll ask her later,'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, now you got to see for yourselves how fortune telling is just a big, stupid hoax." Sokka said as you all walked out of Aunt Wu's house.
"You're just saying that because you're going to make yourself unhappy your whole life." Katara smirked at him.
"That woman is crazy! My life will calm and happy and joyful!" He shouted, kicking a rock, and it hit him back from a rebound.

"That doesn't prove anything," He growled, rubbing his head.
"Well, I liked my predictions. Certain things are going to turn out very well." Katara said with a smile.
"My predictions, are interesting," You mumbled.
"They sure are," Aang said with a sly grin.
"Why? What did she tell you?" Katara asked him.

"Some stuff. You'll find out." Aang said, walking away. You chuckled as you all noticed the town standing in the middle, looking up in the sky.
"Hey, what's with the sky?" You asked a man.
"We are waiting for Aunt Wu to come and read the clouds to predict the fate of the whole village," The man explained. You hummed as you looked up at the swirling clouds.

"That cloud kind of looks like a fluffy bunny." Aang pointed out.
"You better hope that's not a bunny! The fluffy bunny cloud forecasts doom and destruction." The man said slightly worried, making Aang shrink back a little.
"Do you even hear yourself?" Sokka asked in disbelief.
"The cloud reading will tell us if Mt. Makapu will remain dormant for another year or if it will erupt." A woman explained.

"We used to have a tradition once a year of going up the mountain to check the volcano ourselves. But every since Aunt Wu moved to the village twenty years ago, we have a tradition of not doing that." The man smiled at Sokka, who was irritated.
"I can't believe you would trust your lives to that crazy, old woman's superstition!" Sokka shouted.
"Shhh! She's coming!" Katara hushed her brother.

You saw Aunt Wu walking by and the town started to cheer, making you shrug and clap.
"Hey, (Y/N), don't you think that cloud look like a flower?" Aang suddenly asked you.
"I guess it does," You said as you looked back at the fortune teller standing at the stand and looking up at the sky.
"Bending arrow cloud, good crops this year. Nice big harvest." She looked through her book.

"Wavy, moon-shaped cloud, let's see. Gonna be a great year for twins!" Aunt Wu smiled.
"And a cumulus cloud with a twisted nob coming off the end of it," She closed the book and turn to face the town.
"The village will not be destroyed by the volcano this year!" She exclaimed, causing the people to cheer.
"(Y/N)," You heard Aang start, but then Katara pulled your arm.

"Follow me (Y/N)!" She said, pulling you as she walked.
"Sorry air boy, I'll talk to you later!" You shout at him as you saw him deflate.
"Where are we going?" You asked the water tribe girl.
"I wanna ask Aunt Wu a few more things about my love life," She replied, opening the door.

"That's boring, I'll wait right here," You said standing outside the door.
"Suit yourself," She shrugged and walked in. You leaned against the door, watching Sokka getting attack by a turkey duck. You snorted at the scene in front of you as Twig chirped at you, wanting some berries.
"Don't worry Twig, we'll get you something after water girl is done," You promised, making him whine.

The door then opened, and you saw Aunt Wu pushing Katara outside, and she looked exhausted.
"And you'll be fine as long as you've got a scarf. Bye-bye now," She sighed.
"Okay, okay, but one more thing." Katara said turning to face her. Wu looked tired enough and sighed.
"All right, what is it?" She asked her.

"Should I eat a mango or a papaya for breakfast tomorrow?" She asked her.
'Is she seriously asking her that?' You thought, confused.
"Papaya," She bluntly said, slamming the door.
"Aww, I hate papaya." Katara groaned, making you snort at her childish kick.

"Oh, hey, (Y/N). I didn't see you there." Aang said out of nowhere, making you jump.
"Oh, hey air boy," You smiled, but he just looked away.
"Um, okay?" You questioned. Opening Wu's door and walking in.
"Don't mind me Aunt Wu, I'm sitting here while my friends explore," You shouted, and sat down on a pillow.

"Has your friend always been, talkative?" She asked a little dazed from all the questions.
"Not like this, but she just likes knowing things," You shrugged as you got used to their antics.
"Umm, I know you're tired, but I want to ask you one thing. Simple and short," You pleaded with her. She looked at you, trying to see if you're going to be like Katara, and she sighed.

"Alright, one more question," She said, sitting in front of you and held your hands.
"What is your question?" She asked you. You took a deep breath, and looked straight into her eyes.

"Can you tell me, when I'll die?"