Chapter 8

Chapter 8- Look! A 8ft Bald Kacchan!!

"Why did you guys think writing a letter to water girl from Tophy was a good idea?" You covered your mouth to prevent laughing as Twig was nuzzling against Hawky

"Why did you guys think writing a letter to water girl from Tophy was a good idea?" You covered your mouth to prevent laughing as Twig was nuzzling against Hawky. You kiss woke up from a nap and Aang told you about him and Sokka trying to have the two other girls fix their fighting.

"It sounded better in my head," Aang raised his arms as Sokka was currently with Toph talking about Katara.
"Aang," The monk looked up at you as you played with your hands.

"Do you remember who your parents were?" You asked him, and he paused to think about it, but shook his head.
"I was taken away from them when I was announced Avatar, so I don't really remember their faces. All I know that my mom was from the Eastern Air temple," Aang confessed, looking down.

"Why'd you asked?" He tilted his head, and you shrugged.
"I just wanted to know, because this mother talk, I just thought about a lot of things, you know?" You told him, in which he nodded at that.

"My dad was a stay-at-home to take care of us, and my mom went and worked her tail off to provide for us. So I only really saw my dad as the motherly type, and my mom the fatherly type, it's pretty weird, but they loved doing what they did nevertheless," You told him.

"The only thing I could remember was how he acted, and Katara acted the same way he did. It's comforting to know that there are people with kind souls like him," You smiled softly as Aang hugged you.
"Maybe... in the future... we could fill in those voids to other kids who never had parents," Aang suggested, and you stared at him for a moment, before smiling and kissed his forehead.

"Yeah... in the future..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katara came back from bathing, and you laid against Appa while petting Twig and the rest of the colony, while Aang pets your hair. Toph and Sokka came back from their talk and Katara stood up to walk towards them.
"Hi, Toph. Um, I wanna-" Toph cuts her off with her hand.

"Katara, stop. You don't need to apologize. I was the one being stupid. These scams are out of control, and I'm done with them," She mumbled, fumbling with her fingers, but Katara just smiled.
"Actually I wasn't going to apologize. I was gonna say... I wanna pull a scam with you," That made you and Aang stand up in shock, with Twig tilting his head in confusion.

"Who are you and what have you done with my Katara?!" You accused, pointing a finger at the waterbender as Sokka and Aang fainted in shock.
"What? You wanna pull a scam?" Toph said, also in shock.

"Not just any scam. The ultimate scam. Whaddaya say, Toph? Just me and you. One last go. You in?" Katara thee an arm around Toph, who grinned.
"You know I'm in! Now what's this idea of yours?" The two of them walked off as you stood there with Sokka and Aang still on the floor with foam in their mouths.

"At least they're bonding, right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Best two out of three!!" You demanded at Twig who kept winning at 1, 2, 3 bending.
"You got to stop using Firebending (Y/N), you'll just keep losing," Sokka grinned as he laid down next to you, with Aang blowing leaves from his face.

"Fire is going to work, Twig just has to stop using waterbending!" You whined as Twig made a cooing noise like he doesn't know what you're talking about.
"You're such a great girlfriend," Sokka mumbled, and you rolled your eyes, smiling as Twig took his winnings, also known as mangos.

"Hey monk boy, you good?" You asked Aang as he turned his head to face you.
"Do you think this scam of theirs should be taking this long?" He asked you.
"Usually it takes Toph minutes, it's been half an hour," You hummed, also noticing how late it's getting.

"I was just wondering the same thing. We'd better check it out," Sokka said as he got up, and you kissed Twig on the forehead before placing him on Appa with the rest of the colony.
"You guys behave, Appa and Twig are in charge," Sokka told Hawky and Momo as you three started to walk off.

Walking into the town, you three looked around, to try and find Toph and Katara, but they weren't there.
"Where do you think they might be?" Sokka asked while looking around.
"Where do you think anyone is?" Aang shrugged as you tried to feel the ground.

"I don't feel any vibrations at all. Where are the people?" You pondered, but stopped.
"Wait, I feel something heavy... on a roof?" You tilted your head in confusion, and you guys froze at the sound of someone breathing heavily. You termed your head to see the man who tried to kill you guys in your sleep.

"Guys, watch out!!" You lifted up a rock wall as the man sent an explosion your way, and you three ducked under the Ozai statue.
"It's Sparky-Sparky-Boom Man!" Aang yelled.
"You know, I'm starting to think that name doesn't quite fit!" Sokka gulped as you pulled both of their arms and booked it.

You turned your body as you all ran and lifted a boulder to send his way, but the man just exploded it, making you cover your face and continued to run.
"This guy is too good! He shoots fire from his brain!" Sokka yelped as you three hid behind a cart.
"We should split up. He can't chase us altogether!" Aang suggested and you three split up.

You got onto high ground and ran along the rooftops, and you saw the man going after Aang, where he shot Aang down from the roofs and he hit the Ozai statue.
"Aang!" You shouted as you landed next to the Avatar, and shielded him from the man, who crept forward slowly, glaring you down.

"Being it bomb boy," You hissed as you lifted your head up to bend a lava ring and the man inhaled to send an explosion. But before he did, water was shot towards his head and formed into ice, making you pause in shock. The man fell over to reveal Sokka, Toph, and Katara from behind.

"Guys!" You shouted happily as you helped Aang up.
"Let's get out of here!" Toph yelled as you five started to run, but just before you all could leave, you and Toph send two boulders his way, and the man made it explode, but you turned your head to see his stumble over in pain.

"Hey, I got it! The perfect name for that guy: Combustion Man!" Sokka shouted, and you sighed at his naming scheme.
"Good job, Sokka. Now let's get outta here before Combustion Man catches us!" Toph retorted back, and he grinned.

"See? It fits so well!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Appa flew over to a valley for camp, and Sokka tiredly slid down with Aang. You decided to sleep with Twig and the colony for the night and laid on Appa's saddle. Katara watched you snore soundly as her and Toph wrote a letter to Toph's parents.

Katara smiled softly and looked at Toph, who hummed as she petted your hair softly.

"We're so lucky, huh?"

"Yeah, we are,"
____________________________________

Next chapter, one of my favorite episodes yet!

Stay healthy and stay tune!